Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Harvard Fall Festival, Harvard, MA - 9/19 & 20, 2009

This is a Saturday/Sunday contest, right? I'm still trying to figure this all out... I mean, I haven't cooked in Massachusetts yet... :roll: Will it still be lobster and steamer season? I might go light and just load up my minivan and cruise out... It's a nice scenic drive...

I'm going to be cooking on my new toy... but you're welcome to borrow whatever you want from my collection if that helps.

I'm going to be cooking on my new toy... but you're welcome to borrow whatever you want from my collection if that helps.

Can't you just let me show you how to cook on the new toy and let Julie cook on the old Transformer equipment. You know, like at Maine? :icon_shy

Oh BTW... Nice tag on my RV... You could of at least put it on straight... :wink:

Hope to see you guys out there Brendan.

Can't you just let me show you how to cook on the new toy and let Julie cook on the old Transformer equipment. You know, like at Maine? :icon_shy

Oh BTW... Nice tag on my RV... You could of at least put it on straight... :wink:

Hope to see you guys out there Brendan.

Yeah, you were two feet away cooking in your rig when i got you back. I wasn't really in a position to make sure it was on straight.

And trust me, you're not shocking anyone around here when you say my wife does all the cooking.

You can always come be a Transformer for a weekend...

That was Zoe that got you. she was just making her mark...

Hope to see you and Julie there!

Is anyone going to this, going to be there friday night as well?

We'll be there selling our Humphrey Charcoal, chips, chunks, and planks. Let me know if you want to preorder and we'll bring it down for you. Special pricing available for the teams. Just like in Eliot, ME we'll be set up near the teams for your convience.

Maybe a group of us could split a pallet, what would a pallet of 20lb lump run?

Frank

This is a Saturday/Sunday contest, right? I'm still trying to figure this all out... I mean, I haven't cooked in Massachusetts yet... :roll: Will it still be lobster and steamer season? I might go light and just load up my minivan and cruise out... It's a nice scenic drive...

Scottie,
If you want to fly in, I'm sure we can get you what you need. I have a WSM, Weber Kettle, some extra tables, extra wash bins, etc...

I emailed the organizer and cc'd Ken asking about getting in last week and haven't heard back... I'd be willing to go Old School and drive out in my van with my FE... Just because of the lack of FE's out in NEBS land...

Scottie, they do have openings still. Also, I might be able to find you a Traeger or 2. There's a place in Brookline NH that rents them.
Andy

Is anyone going to this, going to be there friday night as well?

We'll be there Friday night. Looks like they're adding a People's Choice on Saturday...prolly wings. Sunday's People's Choice is shoulder, or butt/picnic.

Saturday night we do a huge pot-luck. It was awesome the first year with 21 teams or so, then last year with 36 teams...holy canole! You couldn't even sample everything.

But yeah, I'd guess at least a third of the teams came Friday night last year.

We'll be there Friday night. Looks like they're adding a People's Choice on Saturday...prolly wings. Sunday's People's Choice is shoulder, or butt/picnic.

Saturday night we do a huge pot-luck. It was awesome the first year with 21 teams or so, then last year with 36 teams...holy canole! You couldn't even sample everything.

But yeah, I'd guess at least a third of the teams came Friday night last year.

Hey, pot luck sounds awsome, we're in. We prob won't be doing the peoples choice this year though, it being our first comp, but who knows. We will definetly be there Friday at noon.

up to 31

The web page is now updated with all of the current teams (as far as I know).

they are up to 31... :shock:

This is going to be my first comp, and it looks like all the big dogs are coming out to play that weekend, so I have a couple questions I was hoping that I could get help on so I may stand a chance.

1) Should I put 6 20 dollar bills in the turn in boxes so each judge has an equal portion or would equal portions of 5's or 10's work?

2) Can everyone tell me how to beat them in comps?

Thanks for the help guys i know you'll come thru!
I cant wait for the 18th its going to be a blast!:cool:

1. If you use anything less then a $50 they will give you 3's.

2. Sure. Cook better food then everyone and make it look awesome in the little styrofoam box. :)

2. Sure. Cook better food then everyone and make it look awesome in the little styrofoam box. :)

So, I have only 2 things to work on...Awesome!

$50 wow this is getting pricy, I guess ill just work on getting good q then... :rolleyes:

Back