"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

On call this weekend..:mad:..so I don't have time for a long smoke...thinking about a fatty with sauteed onions, sun dried tomatos and cheese...wrapped with applewood bacon of course!

Today - chuck steak sliced thin and marinating in home made bulgogi overnight, and going to also try my hand at making bao. I also made some asian style spicy and sweet carrots and onions as a condiment to the bulgogi bao sammichs!

Tomorrow - 2 racks of Dino bones, not sure what the sides are going to be

Sunday (roommate's gf birthday) - They asked me to cook a brisket for dinner. I said yes.

Normally not a difficult cooking weekend, but I have to work Saturday 5am-1pm, and Sunday 8am-430PM and I want to make sure all the meat is done for dinner at a regular time! This will be fun.

Ribs tomorrow, and a bone-in pork loin Sunday. In the pouring rain. I'm gonna name my Weber 26 kettle "The Rainmaker." I bought it in May, and every single time I've cooked on it, the skies have opened up. No chit, every single time.

After 4 successful butts, got buddy's wanting more, so 3 more butts, 3 racks of BB's, 1 whole chicken. Gonna be busy.

Ribs tomorrow, and a bone-in pork loin Sunday. In the pouring rain. I'm gonna name my Weber 26 kettle "The Rainmaker." I bought it in May, and every single time I've cooked on it, the skies have opened up. No chit, every single time.

Apparently you dont pull it out to cook on it enough!

A couple of pork butts... and my first try at bacon!! Woo-hoo! :whoo:

I'm excited about the bacon, in case you can't tell. :becky:

Apparently you dont pull it out to cook on it enough!

Atlanta has been like Seattle this summer. I'm out there cooking in the driveway so much, my neighborhood thinks I'm nuts. At least twice a week on average. But I think you're right, I need to cook more.

As an aside, I live in a snooty townhouse neighborhood. I set up my canopy, a few tables, a TV, music, and bring out my son in his wheelchair. We have a hell of a time, and we look like a bunch of hillbillies. I love the looks I get from the passersby. Can't wait 'til I get my new Shirley smoker out there - that'll turn some heads. Always looking for more ways to redneck it up.

Atlanta has been like Seattle this summer. I'm out there cooking in the driveway so much, my neighborhood thinks I'm nuts. At least twice a week on average. But I think you're right, I need to cook more.

As an aside, I live in a snooty townhouse neighborhood. I set up my canopy, a few tables, a TV, music, and bring out my son in his wheelchair. We have a hell of a time, and we look like a bunch of hillbillies. I love the looks I get from the passersby. Can't wait 'til I get my new Shirley smoker out there - that'll turn some heads. Always looking for more ways to redneck it up.

Who cares what they think! Enjoy the good times bonding with your son.

i actually thought about moving my setup out to the driveway for labor day weekend when I am going to do 6-8 pork butts (7-9lb variety), 2 briskets, 7-10 racks of ribs, and a bunch of yardbird. Just so the neighbors know a bbq is going down.

Gonna try a butt tomorrow for the first time. Gonna have to cook in the garage beside the boat due to rain all weekend. The hardest part will be trying to get a few coals lit, guess i'll stand over the chimney with an umbrella.:crazy: Anyone know if you can buy singles at Sams or bulk like everything else? I see where Food Lion has them on sale but not sure of the brand. Hope everyone has a good one whatever you decide on.

Who cares what they think! Enjoy the good times bonding with your son.

i actually thought about moving my setup out to the driveway for labor day weekend when I am going to do 6-8 pork butts (7-9lb variety), 2 briskets, 7-10 racks of ribs, and a bunch of yardbird. Just so the neighbors know a bbq is going down.

Do it - you'll meet some interesting folks. That sounds like a hell of a party! Wish I was there. My wife is from VA Beach, btw.

Saturday's agenda...

- 10 lb brisket
- 10 pound pork butt
- Peanut butter stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos

Since I'll be up early cooking anyways, breakfast on the Weber will be...

- homemade biscuits
- naked fatty to slice to sammiches
- fried eggs in cast iron

Pulled a bottom round out of the freezer Wed. night.
Not sure which way I'm going with it but it will get some heat and smoke.
Pondering something for the TD, possibly too...:decision:
Have a great smoki'n weekend!:thumb:

Will be getting this on for a little smoke and heat either Saturday or Sunday
PrimeRib_zpse0bcc53d.jpg

About 5 1/2-6 lb Rib Eye roast.

Also will be getting some Tri tip and brisket from cash and carry, and who knows what else might shake loose.

Have a nice weekend all!

KC

Couple cases of Chicken, abt 60 pounds.. and a case of Butts! Abt 100 pounds and hot dogs!.. lol Frat Cookout!

Back