THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just injected and rubbed a 9lb pork butt and popped it in the fridge. Royal Oak lump and some pecan chunks in the BGE early in the AM. And yes, the beer will be flowing here too!

Picked up a pretty meaty rack of SLS spares. They're on the UDS as I type, into the second hour @ 250ish. Gonna open er up and finish @ around 325.

Simple rub down with HEB brand spicy italian dressing, then some Fiesta brand rib rub. A touch of fresh ground pepper, and a bit of fairly fresh paprika finished off the rub. No pharkin peekin, no spritzin, no foilin, no nothin. :heh:

I have an 8lb pork shoulder, freshly trimmed and rubbed. Its going on tonight at midnight

Picked up a pretty meaty rack of SLS spares. They're on the UDS as I type, into the second hour @ 250ish. Gonna open er up and finish @ around 325.

Blah blah blah!

Results, 4 hours total on the UDS:

April1stRips001.jpg

April1stRips002.jpg

I thought it was excellent!

sitting right at 12.5 hours now. Almost there, good thing I had some Boudin to hold me over

Attachments

Just picked up some hickory wood to fire up the stick burner tomorrow. Will do a couple of 9lb butts overnight on the Traeger and 3 racks of spares on the stick burner tomorrow morning. Outside fridge is stocked with beer. Yeah, it's gonna be a great weekend!:clap2:
Randy

Wow, that was a long smoke...16 hours for two butts on the Traeger. Ribs on the stick burner took 6.5 hours. However, I was reminded just how much better tasting the stick burner turned out (used all Hickory wood). I've been cooking on the Traeger all winter so had gotten used to less smoke flavor. So glad to get back to the stick burner and that good smokey flavor. It's a lot more work but well worth the effort.

I'll still use the Traeger for long smokes (butt, brisket) due to the convenience with overnight smokes. But ribs and chicken are definitely going on the stick burner from now on.

Randy

Back