Hanging 3# Tomahawk

Outstanding! How you liking that Bronco?

I’m enjoying the Bronco. The hinged lid is really nice. Mine was assembled and Academy did a great job. I’m working it just like all my other cookers, exhaust wide open and controlling temp with intake (Bronco intake usually at 2 or less). I usually don’t use a thermometer until well into a smoke,like hours- then been using my Inkbird so I’m not concerned with the stock thermometer. Once it hits 250 I figure I’m at 280*. I Just add 30 to whatever it reads. I’ve seen on OKJ FB page where some file warranty claims, I’m going to pass in that. I’ve always kind of wanted a Tel Tru glow in the dark so if I replace it will be that, someday.
So basically I’m back to barrel,bullet,ceramic and steel. Not a bad place to be

Smoking with the wife, great time. Watching first steps irreplaceable, late steak that's fine. Very cool you got to see that. BTW steak still looked good

Looking good Adams!! Food ��. But first steps is awesome!!! My granddaughter is 6 months old now....they are amazing! Can’t wait to see what you did!!

Congrats on the first steps!

How'd the hasselback bologna turn out? Seems like a good way to get max flavor. Would love to see finished pic. Also what do you like to season the bologna with? I've only ever cooked once. It was real good but shooting for great!

Congrats on the first steps!

How'd the hasselback bologna turn out? Seems like a good way to get max flavor. Would love to see finished pic. Also what do you like to season the bologna with? I've only ever cooked once. It was real good but shooting for great!

The bologna turnout just right. I don’t recall ever using additional seasoning,?just experimenting with scored, sliced etc. You’ve probably read that when people smoke cheese and place it in a ziplock that the smoke flavor intensifies over the next day or two. Same happens with the bologna-for me. It may be real or just desensitized as bologna is usually an end of cook smoke for me, and Ive already been in smoke several hours. ATTST- I enjoy it Fried with eggs and wife likes it with crackers and cheese. Good smoke both ways

I’m enjoying the Bronco. The hinged lid is really nice. Mine was assembled and Academy did a great job. I’m working it just like all my other cookers, exhaust wide open and controlling temp with intake (Bronco intake usually at 2 or less). I usually don’t use a thermometer until well into a smoke,like hours- then been using my Inkbird so I’m not concerned with the stock thermometer. Once it hits 250 I figure I’m at 280*. I Just add 30 to whatever it reads. I’ve seen on OKJ FB page where some file warranty claims, I’m going to pass in that. I’ve always kind of wanted a Tel Tru glow in the dark so if I replace it will be that, someday.
So basically I’m back to barrel,bullet,ceramic and steel. Not a bad place to be

I’m having pretty much the same experience. I did notice that wind was really messing with my temps on a particularly windy day. This was something that didn’t seem to affect my PBC. But over all I’m enjoying the cooker as well!

My patio is protected on three sides and opens to the east. Easterly winds are less common than swirling so If it’s affected by winds I haven’t realized it. I have some pretty cool thermometers just not technology interested enough to map graph or chase temps. I did read of a person running hot and his bottom cap was gone. I’m guessing additional updraft could alter temps. I’ve not even look at the bottom of mine. Cap was on when a I bought it. I do have mine sitting on landscaping bricks so the metal wheels/stand stay out of standing water. One thing I’ve thought of doing is ordering a spare gasket or two. Mine works great but where I live height heat and brutal cold can pop mortar out of bricks. I’m guessing, just guessing the gasket wouldn’t like it either after a season or three

Back