THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought one. Used it once. The patties didn't come cleanly out. Haven't used it since.

I am in the habit of trying to make my patties a bit in advance, then put them in the freezer for about 45 minutes. Hold together much better on the flip.

I have a little plastic one that was a couple bucks from a pampered chef party or something or other (wife mod). May not be the same sort of thing. Put a ball of meat in and then just push top on the bottom and get nice shapped pattie. I dunno what you speak of, but that is handy when doing burgers. Wouldn't pay $10 for it though.

I've seen them but never use one.

I just take my shirt off, grab a handful of ground beef and roll it around on my chest until it's in a nice round ball. Then I put it under my arm and flatten it out. Simple.:thumb:

Please don't tell us how you make doughnuts! :shocked::sick:

I have a plastic press that gets some use. I do not press the meat very hard. It is mostly to get the burger round.

I've seen them but never use one.

I just take my shirt off, grab a handful of ground beef and roll it around on my chest until it's in a nice round ball. Then I put it under my arm and flatten it out. Simple.:thumb:

Well, it is Can Tuck Eee.

I kid.

I have one of the Cabelas ones and I don't use it often but it does do a good job. I sometimes use it to make blue cheese cheeseburgers. I make 2 thin patties for 1 burger. I put some blue cheese on top of one patty and then put the other patty on top. I kind of crimp the edges all around and throw it on the grill. You have to let it cool a little or blue cheese will squirt out when you bite it. They are good though :thumb:

Bought one. Used it once. The patties didn't come cleanly out. Haven't used it since.

I am in the habit of trying to make my patties a bit in advance, then put them in the freezer for about 45 minutes. Hold together much better on the flip.

order the box of pre-cut 6" squares of wax paper from cabela's or other butcher/sausage supplier. they pop right out. use one top and bottom.

order the box of pre-cut 6" squares of wax paper from cabela's or other butcher/sausage supplier. they pop right out. use one top and bottom.

Probably should give it a try, but that's one of those things that it's hard for me to justify.

....... not quite sure why - I have no problem justifying entirely too many good steaks. :becky:

Please don't tell us how you make doughnuts! :shocked::sick:
Eeeeeeewwwwwww!

I use a press and like the uniformity it gives. I have no problems forming them by hand, but I like how quick the press makes it. And you don't have to press them really hard, just a bit to make the shape.

Probably should give it a try, but that's one of those things that it's hard for me to justify.

....... not quite sure why - I have no problem justifying entirely too many good steaks. :becky:

I've used mine three times this year, and was just about to conclude it was a waste; the meat sticks to the device.

I can make a decent patty by hand quicker that I can with the press.

I have one but don't use it for home. When I ran a small snack bar and made my own patties, it was helpful to get uniform patties, which people seem to like. Other than that, it wasn't a big thing.

The +'s Uniformity, easy clean using wax paper, the patties size I want....

The -'s another gadget in the pantry, missing out on hairy chest cheese burgers

I have and use one my great grandmother had and I am 63. When I am flat grilling burgers indoors I like them thin and blackened and I use the press. Outside when grilling larger burgers I use my hands. Very handy though if feeding a decent sized group.

Also are they worth it? I have always used my hands and never a problem. Never owned one... Saw one in action and really thing about getting one and the kicker harbor freight has them for 10 bones.. Discuss
Ya I've got a double one. Love it. I will buy a 80lb packer case of ground beef, I then measure out 5-6 oz of meat and my son presses them out. We will then cryovac them for the freezer. Also do this for turkey burgers and pork patties.

Back