Grill Kings results

Sledneck said:
What is grill kings? Grill kings is hanging out with brethren, grill kings is hearing 1:30 every couple of minutes, grill kings is eating clams and clam sauce as well a ton of other great food, grills kings is losing all of my money to willie b in texas holdem, grill kings is a water free event like a drought, grill kings is waiting for the awards in an open lot while a band plays for 90 minutes, grill kings is each one of us having our own personal port a potty! grill kings is even with all of stuff that happended the time of my life! Thats what grill kings is!

i'm still waiting for Justins money LOL

The back of the grill kings t-shirt they were selling has on the back

Will Breakstone
"I SEE SMOKE-N-LIGHTNING"

Sledneck said:
The back of the grill kings t-shirt they were selling has on the back

Will Breakstone
"I SEE SMOKE-N-LIGHTNING"
I did not notice that
all i noticed about the shirts was that when i asked for a couple of 3x that were on the sign at $18 i was told "THEY WERE FOR STAFF ONLY" i laughed and said i would like to buy 3 they said " STAFF ONLY"

Hey..... don't forget The Bayside Butthead's as a Brethren team
Pork
1. I Like Smoke N Lightning
2. I Que
3. BBQ Brethren
4. TNT Dynamite BBQ
5. Bad Bones BBQ Crew - (me !!)
6. Holy Cow MoohandeesGhandi
7. Grills Gone Wild:NY, NY
8. Bayside Buttheads
9. Two Fat Polocks BBQ
10. Hot Hogs USA

Brisket
1, Holy Cow MoohandeesGhandi
2. I Que
3. Ma's Que's Crew
4. Pellet Envy
5. Bayside Buttheads
6. Long Island Porkers
7. Two Fat Polocks BBQ
8. Purple Turtle Catering Co.
9. Dirty Dick & the Legless Wonders
10. BBQ - Brethren[/QUOTE]

Very interesting!

Will, did you agree to the use of your name in this promotional manner? It seems that you, Mr. Dirks, and Dr BBQ should be compensated for the use of your names in this commercial endeavor.

drumfreak said:
Hey..... don't forget The Bayside Butthead's as a Brethren team
Pork
8. Bayside Buttheads
9. Two Fat Polocks BBQ
10. Hot Hogs USA

Brisket
5. Bayside Buttheads
6. Long Island Porkers
7. Two Fat Polocks BBQ
8. Purple Turtle Catering Co.
9. Dirty Dick & the Legless Wonders
10. BBQ - Brethren

Nice job, Darren! Does this mean you'll be cooking at Grillin' on the Bay this year, or still judging?

timzcardz said:
Very interesting!

Will, did you agree to the use of your name in this promotional manner? It seems that you, Mr. Dirks, and Dr BBQ should be compensated for the use of your names in this commercial endeavor.
yes Tim we all had to agree on that

OK guys let me offer a little different perspective here. I judged both the grilling contest on Saturday and the BBQ contest on Sunday. I was told the judges meeting for the grilling contest would at 12:00. I was there before 12 and sat and waited, and waited. Finally walked away to visit and came back. Still no meeting. Came back again at about 12:45 and lo and behold a meeting had started. Except it was the "Cooks Meeting"!! They were having the cooks meeting at 12:45 for an event that had 1st turn-in at 1:30! Finally had what they called a judges meeting a little after 1:00.

On a positive note I was glad to have the opportunity as a judge to see what goes on as far as cooking. After judging the grilling contest I spent the rest of the day mingling with the Brethren teams. I'd like to thank Will for allowing me to spend most of the day with him and his team. It was quite an experience. I was well fed and well hydrated. Also thanks to Phil for his great food. The ribeye was outstanding.

Sundays judging was much better. The meeting was on time and the whole process was better. The difference between the 2 was that on Sunday the KCBS reps were running it. I was told Saturdays contest was run by the organizer. The delay in giving out the awards was terrible. Considering the weather it was inconsiderate of them to delay for so long. I had asked Murray what time the awards ceremony would be and was told it was up to Dean. When I asked Dean he said 4:30. It was about 5:15 when I noticed Dean and his crew over by his RV putting the trophys together. I can't believe that wasn't done earlier.

All in all tho it was a positive experience for me. I got to judge and also spend time with the cooks. It was great to see the great showing of the Brethren teams. Congratulations to all.

Sounds like some probs all over. I'll bet that some of the stress of the problems was amplified by the heat and they may not have seemed as bad if the weather was beautiful. Except for the water thing.

The heat wasn't a factor for me until we were standing out there for almost 90 minutes waiting for the winners to be announced. The middle of July, in a parking lot, you'd expect it to be hot. It was just too many issues to be ignored. I tried to be as reasonable as I could, but after 4 years, I'd like to think that there would be some sort of organizational skills applied, a Plan B on the side for "just in case", and a communication network to keep everyone in the loop. To me, it was unacceptable behavior.

Back