THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jamaicamon

is one Smokin' Farker
Cooked a nice camp dinner at home..

Cold and rainy night..

ow7nS7H.jpg

Fresh ground chuck

i1wu5Kh.jpg

I love cooking outside

KbevLVv.jpg

J3FzWqy.jpg

Added onion Pepper

3HpCKBH.jpg

Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire and enchilada sauces, and salt and pepper

NoqLCu1.jpg

tHGDRRU.jpg

Added Cheese and back into the Weber

Doo5myq.jpg

Done

5TKwo9h.jpg

ZThWtAI.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Green Pepper Frito Pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients:

2 pounds ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup diced tomatoes
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 (15-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
Salt and black pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 to 3 cups Frito corn chips

Ingredients:

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.

2. In a 12-inch cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet), begin browning the meat over medium heat.

3. When the meat starts to brown, stir in the onion and green pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the meat has browned completely, about 10 minutes. Drain the grease.

4. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire and enchilada sauces, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

5. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the meat mixture.

6. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.

7. Sprinkle the Fritos evenly over the top. Lightly press the Fritos into the pie and serve.

Looks good will have to try sometime. I always thought of a Frito Pie as opening a small bag of Frito's and putting in chili and what ever fix-ens you want onion, cheese, peppers, ect.. Kind of like a walking taco.

Back