THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Kick it in and use up 2019’s. Just a blink of an eye till 2020 harvest. Last years chile were really good. Predictable heat, mostly. A slight edge to Pueblo over Hatch in the chile bought. An edge to Hatch in The rubs and spices. Chimayo hands down on Salsa sold at the Church. These are my opinions YMMV
However both locations were meaty and good. Wife cooked up Enchiladas Verde, Spanish rice and I made a couple of fried green chile tacos. Brethren often ask about Blackstone Camp Chef Griddle Tops. The seconds it takes to soften multiple corn tortillas in oil simultaneously, is worth it.

Last edited:
tumblr_m9e85mctOn1r2zxn0.gifc200_zpsmy0muecz.gif

attachment.php

Thanks everyone. I grew up eating this Spanish Rice recipe out of this same skillet. Lot of bacon. I have quite a bit of Cast iron but only two sentimental pieces. This was given to my parents in the early 50’s as a wedding gift. It’s a spinner. Had been neglected for a few decades when I got it. Now slick as glass.

Thanks everyone. I grew up eating this Spanish Rice recipe out of this same skillet. Lot of bacon. I have quite a bit of Cast iron but only two sentimental pieces. This was given to my parents in the early 50’s as a wedding gift. It’s a spinner. Had been neglected for a few decades when I got it. Now slick as glass.

It all looks great! I think I could eat a whole skillet of the rice. Would there happen to be a recipe floating around somewhere on the World Wide Web?

Rice was 1 cup raw then cooked.
I like Pico and drained Rotel and have often used tomato paste in lieu of tomato sauce. Garlic salt or Lawry’s and black table pepper work.

Basically it’s a “to your taste” fun cook.

One of the interesting things about this SR is that while it’s really moist, it’s not “wet”
The skillet can be practically wiped clean with a paper towel.

Back