THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q

Q_Egg

Right in the middle of a low & slow great northern bean cook in new cast iron dutch oven. Running in BGE at 240*F for last 3 hours and will go until beans are tender.
Using thirdeye's recipe from a few weeks back, added a chopped Hatch & jalapeno pepper and about 1/2 lb of chopped, smoked, brisket point from last month. You can see the two Smithfield smoked pork hocks which I did a 2nd smoke (2 hrs & some rub) on this morning (per thirdeye). This will be a new experience for me and hopefully a tasty one.

I'm still wondering about mixing the chpped brisket point with the pork hocks, but if it works in meat loaf maybe this will be fine. I also just did Jake Hudgin's skillet corn bread (Peace,Love and Barbeque _ p10) and it looks pretty good _ (I added a jalapeno and some cheddar). Can't wait for dinnertime!

Attachments

• BGE_Great Northern Beans_DSCF1003.jpg
    BGE_Great Northern Beans_DSCF1003.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Skillet Corn Bread2_DSCF1004.jpg
    Skillet Corn Bread2_DSCF1004.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 98
thillin said:
No pintos?:cool:

Looks good though!
--------------------------------
... caught me !! I ran out and got these GN's right after seeing a post by thirdeye.... then there were a bunch using pintos. Most of my new BBQ cookbooks have recipes using pintos so that's next .... I guess they are the most widely used BBQ beans.

Arlin_MacRae said:
Bravo, brother! I have a friend who lives in St. George. Can I send him to your place for dinner? :)
------------------------------------------------

I don't know many 'serious' Q'ers here and he'd be welcome!

Man, that looks good! Spoon some of those beans on a bed of cornbread and you've got yourself a meal. A slice of a good sweet onion wouldn't be half bad either. Enjoy!!

oh hell I sure do love my great northerns, down here in texas the only thing you will find is pintos.

every year for my B-day I get franks, fried taters, and northern beans mixed with some corn bread. simple but effective makes papa happy for another year

Back