THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for lots of encouragement!

This was an enjoyable and different cook to start the change into Fall. Learning is always a key ingredient, and pork hocks are certainly a lot different from ham hocks ! ..... duuuhhh .. I'm glad I added the brisket since the hocks provided very little meat to the beans.

I think the brisket point was a bit 'fatty' and several pieces had to be discarded 'mid-chew' (pardon the graphic comment near breakfasttime). Next time I will be sure to have some pulled pork or shoulder slices around to add as needed. The bottle of Corona substituted for some of the cooking water didn't hurt.

The dutch oven was only a 4 qt so a 1 lb bean recipe is about all it will handle. That's great for me, but not nearly large enough for most here.

Your many comments make every cook a fun event ! Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a pot on Labor Day weekend, just beans & onions:
img3561qa7.jpg
img3587ic2.jpg

But look like they had a lot of good stuff in them. :-D Will have to doctor mine up a little more next time.

Bob-BQN said:
I did a pot on Labor Day weekend, just beans & onions:
Will have to doctor mine up a little more next time.
--------------------------------------------------------

...... well ... maybe not! Cooked along with those ribs, I bet they were darn tasty. I'm not sure mine picked up that much smoke and other flavor from just the fire.

Lookin' good!

Back