Great Bend and Chest to Chest

Jorge - You still may be kidnapped and taken to Northern Illinois for the weekend.

Jorge, are you in KC already? I can grab you Shiner and bring it along. No problem. The "Griswald family vacation" LOL!!!!! Seems Clark was pretty successful at BBQ while out there on the road! :wink: HEY!! New nickname for Andy! Clark!!

Leaving Dallas at 10:45, arrive in KC at 12:10 and wait for my checked baggage to show up.

I'll be seeing you at Andy's Wednesday night. I have gifts for you.

Also, I have all of your beer you left in Iowa. Light weight!

Somehow I think my better half would stage an intervention, if I flew home with beer in my bag. If you won't drink it, and it's the Dos Equis and Corona I can take it to the Friday potluck in Great Bend.

Jorge - You still may be kidnapped and taken to Northern Illinois for the weekend.

I can think of worse places to be, than the BBQ Field of Dreams. You have to negotiate with the Hodedo clan.

Sorry Todd, We get him!!!! After the last 2 weeks and with the heat, I don't know how much help I will be. I may be finding a cranberry vodka (Steph) and chilling with her and Jana!!!!

Sorry Todd, We get him!!!! After the last 2 weeks and with the heat, I don't know how much help I will be. I may be finding a cranberry vodka (Steph) and chilling with her and Jana!!!!

No kidding! Plus, with a reserve and a grand the last two weeks, I think you guys should just take it easy and not really try very hard this weekend. :wink:

WITH Sonic ice! Gotcha covered! Dean Martini's???? We can have the kids make 'em :biggrin:

That's one change for us.....no kiddos this weekend. They didn't want to come so we have Grandma taking care of them.

WOW! I'm bringing my kid, can't shake 'im....lol! Which means we have a DD for Thursday night dinner!!!!! :wink:

WOW! I'm bringing my kid, can't shake 'im....lol! Which means we have a DD for Thursday night dinner!!!!! :wink:

Very cool!!! Can't wait.

Cleaning up stuff from the trip now....wishing i could just go back to my bed and snuggle in.:frown:

I'll even bring some beefs for him...

Jorge, it is not too late. I can swing through Kansas on my way to Illinois. I even have a bottle of Shiner left from Iowa. :twisted:

You don't even have to feed 2300 people this time.

Going east or west sounds like a hell of a good time, even if it is hot!

Best of luck to all this weekend!
Pace yourselves folks.....one beer/mixed drink....one water.....

Jorge was a SAVIOR this weekend. We couldnt have pulled off Great Bend without him.
As it turned out, Todd, I guess you didn't need him up there in Shannon :) I'm sure you can carry that Boar's tooth on your own :)

Andy, it was great to see how excited you got when Kent announced the Plowboys as winner, and you and Kent trying to high five---I don't think you guys made contact in two or three tries. And I won't tell anyone about Steph and what she was rubbing on----although there are pics so it must have happened! :shock:

Andy, it was great to see how excited you got when Kent announced the Plowboys as winner, and you and Kent trying to high five---I don't think you guys made contact in two or three tries. And I won't tell anyone about Steph and what she was rubbing on----although there are pics so it must have happened! :shock:

I'm proud to say Steph was the first to rub my B.P.

She is a veteran after all... her and Kyle have THREE~~

I'm just a chest to chest rookie...

Here is the list:

Team Name Total Score

Pork Pullin Plowboys 539.2570
Twin Oak Smokin Crew 539.1431
4 Legs Up BBQ 537.9426
Buffalo's BBQ 536.8571
Yellow Jacket BBQ 535.2000
Early Bird BBQ 534.9713
TheSlabs.com 534.6854
Sweet Peppers 529.2571
Daddy Jack's 528.5712
2nd Line Smokin Crew 527.8855
Nothin Fancy 525.6573
Munchin Hogs @ Hilton 525.1993
Big Creek BBQ 521.1428
The Pickled Pig 520.5141
Smokin Bones 510.3997
Pellet Envy 506.7425
Wild Blue 501.9995

There were 17 teams so we used 17 judges-all sampled all turn ins, only one 9 in appearance was awarded per judge, other appearance scores could be decimal (8.5). Low judges score dropped, a perfect score would have been 576. Look how close the difference between 1st and 2nd scores.

And remember Andy, although a Chest to Chest rookie, you knocked off the best! And are now permanantly qualified for Chest to Chest.

I got to touch Andy's penis yesterday. It is luxurious.

Here is the list:

Team Name Total Score

Pork Pullin Plowboys 539.2570
Twin Oak Smokin Crew 539.1431
4 Legs Up BBQ 537.9426
Buffalo's BBQ 536.8571
Yellow Jacket BBQ 535.2000
Early Bird BBQ 534.9713
TheSlabs.com 534.6854
Sweet Peppers 529.2571
Daddy Jack's 528.5712
2nd Line Smokin Crew 527.8855
Nothin Fancy 525.6573
Munchin Hogs @ Hilton 525.1993
Big Creek BBQ 521.1428
The Pickled Pig 520.5141
Smokin Bones 510.3997
Pellet Envy 506.7425
Wild Blue 501.9995

There were 17 teams so we used 17 judges-all sampled all turn ins, only one 9 in appearance was awarded per judge, other appearance scores could be decimal (8.5). Low judges score dropped, a perfect score would have been 576. Look how close the difference between 1st and 2nd scores.

And remember Andy, although a Chest to Chest rookie, you knocked off the best! And are now permanantly qualified for Chest to Chest.

Back