Zero The Count- reset

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I don't do this often, but occasionally it must be done.
Kitchen freezer is side by side
Beer Fridge/holding pen is top freezer
Garage freezer is 5cf small chest freezer
Three small freezers that we're stuffed to capacity.

Occasionally I go thru item by item and if freezer burnt, over a year or two old, broken cryo or plastic wrap, if I can't remember cooking it, it goes to trash. It sucks.

I'm better now, most things I buy now I come home and cook. I buy one of an item and not 3. It's been a few years as I found hatch peppers dated 2019 about half way down the stand on my head chest freezer in the garage. I hate waste.
I'm guilty, but so much better.

Interestingly not one piece of beef nor sausage went to dumpster. 3-4 categories ruled the trips to dumpster.Correction- a couple freezer burnt yellow tag steaks went away

Leftovers
Pork
Fish
Green Chile

Going forward these are items to buy and cook.
Period.
No stockpiling (hoarding)

Last edited:
Same problem here. Two chest freezers, beer fridge side by side freezer, well house fridge upper freezer, kitchen side by side fridge freezer.
I clean em out at least twice a year, before deer season and before butchering animals... pigs, chickens or beef. I have them stuffed with fish from this summer. I need to have a fish fry!! :-D

Same problem here. It's only two of us in our house but between making sausage, stocks, bacon, cutting our own steaks and grind our own meats the freezers stay pretty loaded. I try to skim thru them every couple months but i forget sometimes.

Great reminder!

Household freezer is hers, Side by side. I'm ok there.

Chest freezer is mainly items from the last steer and garden stash. Shouldn't be too bad.

Beer fridge top freezer is a collection of Vacu-seal leftovers and Cryopacks. Needs to be addressed. No shelves, cheap freezer that came with the house. Picture a pile of various stuff stacked up towards the back. 2/3rds full.

Beer fridge is a collection of mine and my 21y.o. son and his girlfriend. No meats kept in there.

Chest freezer here for uncooked meats. A simple inventory sheet was made up to keep track of what and how much. Easy to check the sheet before stocking up on pork butts when you already have two or three. I make a valiant effort to rotate stock so nothing goes beyond one year. Once something gets cooked and not eaten it goes in the kitchen freezer so I always have something to thaw & eat.

Just be careful...
Quadruple check that everything is back in the freezer!!! You don't want to go out there a couple of days later and find a wagyu brisket rotting.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Things in the chest freezer don't bother me too much.
Things in my two self-defrosting freezers...That's what ya hafta keep an eye on.

Just be careful...
Quadruple check that everything is back in the freezer!!! You don't want to go out there a couple of days later and find a wagyu brisket rotting.

While diving, I lost a 5lb bag of jumbo fresh shrimp left on top of garage fridge. Looked for days to find the dead body of a wild hamster on the floor only to find the bag when a hoard of sh*t flies buzzed my head as I walked by.

Still very heartbroken.
Ed

just cleaned out the freezer. sadly there was some venison that got lost and was four years old. other than that it was mostly rib trimmings. that I had plans for but never used. now when I make ribs I'll make the whole thing

Made me go back twice and check last night and once this morning.. All good
I still have PTSD from that brisket. It's been a couple of years, and I still check the 2 freezers in the garage daily.

Back