THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sackedbysapp

Full Fledged Farker
Using jealous devil charcoal briquettes a barbecue guru ultra Q blower does it normally take almost 2 hours to get to 250° on a gravity fed?

Using jealous devil charcoal briquettes a barbecue guru ultra Q blower does it normally take almost 2 hours to get to 250° on a gravity fed?

No it shouldn't.

As mentioned, have you checked to see if your charcoal has bridged?

One other troubleshooting suggestion: Here's a boner I pulled one time with my gravity fed. I run mine with a BBQ Guru as well. The darn thing just wouldn't get up to temp - it'd been close to 2 hours, and the temps were actually beginning to fall. I went and looked for problems...and found that I'd left the little damper door on the guru fan completely closed! Just forgot to open it when I inserted the fan...so my coals weren't getting any air at all.

Red

Yeah im using jealous Devil max briquettes and there bridging. I stick rod in and try move them and than the temp goes up, but have to do that 3 times to get to temp. would adding chunks down the shute help? I like this charcoal but wonder of there large size is the issue?

I think adding chunks in the chute would make things worse. They must be some fairly large briquettes. I use Kingsford in my Assassin and have never had a bridging problem.

Back