THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I put chunks in the chute. Might do mini splits when i put meat on. but every 30 minutes?...I might as well fire up the stick burner.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I bought it to try in comps. After I wrap, twas thinking i could nap. But have to get some smoke flavor there before wrapping.

The problems described here is exactly why I went with a bottom load insulated reverse flow vertical cabinet smoker. My smoker will hold close to 60 pounds of fuel and wood chunks and at a burn rate of about 3/4 pound per hour I never have to open the firebox door to add chunks of wood no matter how long the cook is.

The problems described here is exactly why I went with a bottom load insulated reverse flow vertical cabinet smoker. My smoker will hold close to 60 pounds of fuel and wood chunks and at a burn rate of about 3/4 pound per hour I never have to open the firebox door to add chunks of wood no matter how long the cook is.
Totally agree. I have 2 insulated cabinets. Much easier to run and no issues with smoke flavor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mini logs from academy were what I used. If you want more smoke, mix chunks in with the lump.

Chris- smoker looks familiar, hope she has been treating you well.

Mini logs from academy were what I used. If you want more smoke, mix chunks in with the lump.

Chris- smoker looks familiar, hope she has been treating you well.

Yes sir, its been great. I won a unsanctioned event cooking on it a couple weeks ago. Turns out great food.

I think we will cook the Sip and Swine in march to get the KCBS season started.

Back