Good Morning!

QuincyQ

Name or Nickame
QDubs
I'm a Bama boy transplanted to Minnesewtaaa. Growing up a BBQ was usually a 6'x6' thing made of cinder block sides and a corrugated tin top. Fire & coals in one corner, meat in the other. Or more than a few 55 gallon drums (upright with coals in the bottom and meat in the middle).

Graduated to a nice brick version of the 55 gallon drum affectionately known as Wilber (named after a pig we enjoyed one 4th that, while eating, my gf's father looked over at her little sister and asked what we were having for dinner and she got a tear in her eye and sobbed 'Wilber'. He said he always told his kids to never name the animals.)

After a semi hiatus (Weber, etc. We were always a year or two away from moving so no need to invest in anything) we've a new house and a new Memphis grill. I'd planned on building another Wilber (actually just outright plagiarizing Dave Linebeck's Sidney R Pig) but was convinced to give a Memphis a try since I can always still build Wilber (and Memphis is made (well, use to be until they moved mfr'g to china) a couple of miles from here so I'm supporting my local company!).

So there you have it...

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back