gonna get an egg tonight

I'm sure the sausage was not messy.
not sure how others do it with their BGE's.. but in the future consider adding a layer of foil or a drip pan on the plate setter to keep it clean..

wonder why BGE never designed a drip plate in the same shape as the plate setter ? I guess this another advantage of tjv's set ups.. round drip pan resting on round plate setter (pizza stone)

I use a deep pizza pan I picked up from TJV and line it with foil. He's got some great eggcessories, and is just up the road in Denton. That nice clean egg will be nice and grungy in no time. Nothing like sleeping 8 hrs when cooking brisket or butts.

i was so exited i left my bag of cherry chunks by the counter and didnt even think about them till i was 10 min from the house i live about 1 hr from southlake lol

DSC00834.jpg

Welcome. Do a few loaw and slows, like chicken or ribs/pork. Then about the 5th time, you won't have to worry. Doing low and slow will teach you temperature control.

Then get a Guru or a Stoker.

Attachments

• IMG_3632.jpg
    IMG_3632.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 67
im going to bed know will burn a few more but cant wait for the ribeyes

I got a cast iron grate for the medium. It's a steak grilling machine. I picked up a ss grate from TJV for the large. I'm too rough for the porcelin coated.:cool:

I let it rip tonight i just couldnt wait to do some steaks and my guy i bought it from said if i messed up the gasket he would hit me up so here we go bout to load some pics of my first go with smoked japs and some ribeyes

these were sorta thin so i was worried about them but man oh man the 2 flip 2min then 2 min shutdown for some thin steaks worked like a champ im sold on the bite that the price is in 1 1/2 days

i have nests i'm not using, but i made rolling stools outta them 8)

here's the very best advice i can give you if you have questions about the egg gaskets, warranty, or other issues.

CALL OR EMAIL THE MOTHERSHIP IN ATLANTA.
here's the contact page on their website:
http://www.biggreenegg.com/contact.html

and so it is written :biggrin:

oh yeah, i almost forgot this part. you are gonna love that egg !

oh yeah, i almost forgot, if you get a nomex gasket, put it in the dryer for about ten minutes to preshrink it before you glue it on. i read that on the bge forum recently. seems to make sense... i think

I could probably do a tutorial on replacing felt and Rutland gaskets! I better call CS- I see Nomex in my future!

Have fun with your new Egg!

Back