THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Miss Mary Bobo's a must? I am still not sure on who exactly is coming enough to make reservations.

Next to actually cooking at the Jack, MMB's is the thing I look forward to most! What I'm REALLY looking forward to is introducing my wife to all that goes on and makes up what the Jack weekend really is. I got to experience almost everything when we were there in '09 campaigning and partying. I look forward to getting to share all that from a cook team perspective with my wife. :thumb:

Barrel head is worth it....This will be our second year in a row and if i remember correctly the times are pushed up 30 minutes i.e. chicken turn in at 11:30 am........

pequinandjack021.jpg

Barrel head is worth it....This will be our second year in a row and if i remember correctly the times are pushed up 30 minutes i.e. chicken turn in at 11:30 am........

pequinandjack021.jpg

Trying to decide if I want it completely finished and with our logo on it. Wouldn't be much signing room if I got both logos. Maybe I'll get both? :becky: Also, in looking at the program from 2009, they had everything pushed forward 30 minutes, not backed up. Chicken was at 12:30 PM. Has it changed?

This was the schedule in 2009 and 2010;
11:30 sauce
12:00 Cook's Choice and Home cooking from the homeland
12:30 chicken
1:00 ribs
1:30 pork
2:00 brisket
2:30 dessert

This was the schedule in 2009 and 2010;
11:30 sauce
12:00 Cook's Choice and Home cooking from the homeland
12:30 chicken
1:00 ribs
1:30 pork
2:00 brisket
2:30 dessert

Thanks....I thought i remembered times were different...I just had it wrong way when i mentioned 11:30 am chicken when it was 12:30....

Do most people head to hotels on Saturday night or stay on site one more time before heading out Sunday morning?

Do most people head to hotels on Saturday night or stay on site one more time before heading out Sunday morning?

I'd say about 50/50 depending on the weather. Some leave right after awards to get on the road. If the weather is cold and wet more will leave than stay.

I'd say last year, most everyone left .....we/ with a couple others, killed off a large amount beer and awoke to a damm near empty lot at 7 am on sunday mor'in .......

Thanks guys...I have a room for Saturday night in Tullahoma just wanted to see.

Last edited:
Another view of their higher end barrel head

This is the finished side (the front) looked so good that we had the teams sign the back side of the barrel head. :thumb: color kinda washed out on the 1st pic...the whole thing looks like the lower pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
This is the finished side (the front) looked so good that we had the teams sign the back side of the barrel head. :thumb: color kinda washed out on the 1st pic...the whole thing looks like the lower pic.

Do they put your team name on it like that? It's sweet!:thumb:

So we got a portajohn for the Royal following recommendations on this forum, thanks everyone. Is it recommended to get one for the Jack as well?

Back