Go to BBQ sauce?

Doctored up SBR at home. I tasted Jack Daniels Hickory sauce last week and was surprised how good it was. Probably the best "large commercial" sauce I have had. Comp sauces are a whole different animal...

I like a bottle of SBR mixed with 1/4 cup Red Tabasco. Stired well and let drain back into bottle using a funnel. Never tried it with chipotle, but it might be OK also.

Any sauce that doesn't have added smoke flavor or at the very least has it listed as one of the last ingredients. Right now my favorites are Blues Hog original and Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy.

I almost forgot - Bamabuzzard's Double D sauce is pretty darn tasty too. It's one of them sippin' sauces.:biggrin1:

We now have a "Hot" version of that same sauce. We've been so busy with Christmas trade shows I haven't had time to upload pic and give it a spot on the website. I'm glad you enjoyed your "sippin" sauce. :clap2:

Old Mule

Small family farm in NC mountains. All natural, no artificial ingredients or additives. They have a medium and hot as well as the best mustard sauce I've had. Mostly available on line at oldmule.com

I do not work for them or have any connection other than being a customer for many years.

For thin... Gates Extra Hot. For ticker sauce, Night Of The Living BBQ Sauce (spicy sauce from Oklahoma Joe's in KCK).

For most of my BBQ I like Stubbs. But when it comes to pulled pork nothing compliments it as good as Jim's Own!

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 254
When I cook St. Louis ribs for 100 or more people, I always use Sweet Baby Ray's original. I sauce about 90% of the ribs and provide sauce on the side to serve for the 10% who want bare ribs (like I do).

And people *love* it!

It's a whole lot cheaper than any I can make at home, plus when I do a huge cook I am willing to accept store-bought sauce as a short cut, only because it is so well received.

On pulled chuck I use Cattleman's because it isn't made with high fructose corn syrup.

I just picked up some Famous Dave's buy one get one free. Will be trying it on some BBQ chicken French bread pizza tonight.

My go to BBQ sauce uses a combination of being a vinager based sauce with many ingreadiants including lemon juice. What I have found is that times I have over smoked a meat, I can use this sauce to strip away the smoky flavor. Last comp I did I threw a piece of wood in when doing burnt ends. What I got was very badly over smoked burn ends. I have know idea why I put that extra chunk of wood, I guess I was trying to add bark to the burnt ends. Any way after tasting the horrible over smoked burnt ends I soaked them into my go to sauce. Needless to say I walked in brisket that day with a couple of comments from the judges saying my burnt ends were great or one even said it raised the score as it was better then the slices.

So now I have a "go to sauce" that has the ability to reduce smoke flavor.

My two go to BBQ sauces are my Shack Attack sauce and my Man vs. Pig sauce. I posted the recipe for Shack Attack here -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136085

The Man vs. Pig sauce is still secret at least until it stops winning KCBS comps. It's based on the BBQ flavors used by 19th century BBQ cooks and recipes from people such as Lincoln's parents and Mary Randolph (a relative of Thomas Jefferson).

But, the Shack Attack is pretty good. There is no sugar, so if you want a sweet sauce, it won't work for you.

THe Shack sauce is inspired by a 19th century VA BBQ cook named Shack. It's delicious and is even good sipped or on veggies too.

Many feel like they prefer ready made sauce. Here is another sentence to bore you and make you scroll on. And yet another sentence to talk about how funky prince and larry grahm is so the redneck go away. For those of you that are left I can say I instantly fell in love with Shack Attack. But you cannot stop there. For instance, say you are driving around and find this dirty saucy little minx thats homeless, what do you do? You could just use her and pass her to your friends until she needs vaginal mesh therapy. Not me.... not if you are smart. Yep, you take her home, wash her down, get out the anal bleach, shave her coozebox, maybe get her teeth fixed, make her join the gym and buy her some funbags before you put her in your anabolic video. Plus it's of course wise to get a couple of you carpet munchin' honeys to teacher her how to use a vibrator and increase your viewing revenue by teaching her the ways of female ejaculation. And that is exactly what I did in regards to Shack's sauce when I developed my Purgatory Stout.

Who wants to pay three hoes to do three different jobs; your lesbo, anal and maybe bukkakke scenes when you can have one girl do it all? I used to make a mustard sauce, a red sauce, sweet sauce, and a vinegar sauce.; With purgatory as the base (and made in bulk) I have a unique hot sauce, add vinegar and I have a great thin sauce, add tomato and some other stuff a red sauce, more sugar or sweet agent and a red sauce, even more and a sweet sauce, mustard and a few other things we have a yellow sauce. So... go ahead.... be satisfied with Shack in the same way you would with a little hussy for a week or two. But invest in that bitch and maker earn her purgatory merit badge and you have an all purpose sauce.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHvJNjHShj0"]Pitmaster T's Video Recipe Series - Purgatory Stout - YouTube[/ame]

I'm a big fan of Bart's Blazin' Q Sauce, and they have just released a Spicy version too...

386240_2608663148896_1423567211_n.jpg

179956_3835827387235_1686046163_n.jpg

Being from Florida, Sonny's Sweet is every where you look. I use a lot on chicken for my inlaws(seems that's the only sauce there palates can stand). I prefer a mustard based sauce for myself but Sweet Baby Ray's sauce when in the mood for red sauce.

Back