Getting into Competition

3970010 said:
From the pictures of your new website it looks like you could teach me a thing or two about brisket. That is some mighty fine looking brisket there sir.

Thanks... I'm pretty happy with it, though we need to consistently score better. That's something else to learn... Judges are people, and you won't always get the same results from what you think is the same product. But it's all part of the game... You pays your money, you takes your chances!

cmcadams said:
Thanks... I'm pretty happy with it, though we need to consistently score better. That's something else to learn... Judges are people, and you won't always get the same results from what you think is the same product. But it's all part of the game... You pays your money, you takes your chances!

Your blog wont work for me.

John,
Bubba will give you a lot of insight into comps, as well as the few of us around town who will be competing next year. I only plan to do five comps next year as I am not independently wealthy. :) Just make the decision to do it, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Oh, also look up some of Jeff's posts as he has probably asked every question known to man! ;)

nmayeux said:
John,
Bubba will give you a lot of insight into comps, as well as the few of us around town who will be competing next year. I only plan to do five comps next year as I am not independently wealthy. :) Just make the decision to do it, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Oh, also look up some of Jeff's posts as he has probably asked every question known to man! ;)

Probably? :eek:

It all sounds great....THanks to all for the advice and... To those that don't mind I'll prolly be givin' ya shout from time to time....Not real sure I want to get too deep I'd just more like to have a little fun and meet some more great people..no greater than in Barbecue.

tumpedover said:
It all sounds great....THanks to all for the advice and... To those that don't mind I'll prolly be givin' ya shout from time to time....Not real sure I want to get too deep I'd just more like to have a little fun and meet some more great people..no greater than in Barbecue.

John,
All of the advice given above is good.
Plus, the historical threads should point you in the right direction.
The only advice left is:
"Get a credit card with a high limit" :lol:

Welcome to the DARK and EXPENSIVE side :lol:

TIM

nmayeux said:
Oh, also look up some of Jeff's posts as he has probably asked every question known to man! ;)

Bigmista said:
Probably? :eek:

OK, OK, ya farkers! :wink: But at least I knew WHERE to go get good answers, right? And I think I've learned pretty well too! :lol:

Back