THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bigjeffb

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Jeff
Looking for a little advice, so please be gentle.
I'm planning on putting the metal table from a Gen 4 Performer I recently scored onto a Gen 2 frame that I also recently grabbed.
For the most part it is in good shape, but there are some pretty deep gouges in the paint and a spot or two of light rust.
I assume that I could just sand it bare and then redo it with Rust Oleum with the hammered finish or something, but I wanted to see what the brethren have done to refinish these before doing it.

Thanks

I guess no one here has done this. I assume you could prep it and paint it like you would any other metal surface.

Baby Back Maniac recently added some bling to his new performer by adding a peel and stick graphic to the table. Wonder if you could do the same to cover the offending area.

Shame they didn’t put a stainless table on it like the original performer. That was the only part of my original performer that didn’t rust and fall apart. I read that quite a few people have issues with the newer metal tables rusting. The plastic table on my Gen 3 is still holding up fine.

Last edited:
Back