THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BurtonSnol3order

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Tom
I have a 4 year old Pit Boss 820 and I've begun looking at newer versions, but my grill is really not in bad shape. I am running in to an occasional issue getting it lit or flame outs on overnight smokes, so the newer PID controllers seem very nice. I'd love wifi and I have been looking around at options. Right now my list is the Rec Tec wifi controller as well as the Camp Chef Retro 2nd gen. I know the Camp Chef requires a new temp probe, but other than that... what should I consider when doing this? I am planning on swapping the burn pot and ignitor as well while I have it all apart. I am aware Pit Boss recently announced their own pid/wifi upgrade, but it appears to be their horizontally orientated design that wouldn't work with what I have (the vertical rectangle on the hopper)

Back