GC @ AR Open

Don brought one of his leftover apples for the girls to share.....Kaylin ate the whole thing before Lauren even knew there was one! LOL! She LOVED it!!

Wow, the last 48 hours have been a blur. Giddy one minute, in disbelief the next. Surreal ... like a 12 year old dreaming about scoring the winning TD in the big game.

So many highlights to the entire event, Sunday was just the icing on the cake. Wednesday night sharing a few beers and a shot with Damnit Andy. Thursday was fun hanging with some great BBQ friends I've been fortunate enough to meet over the past few years and some even minutes prior. Friday I had an outstanding time with family and some longtime friends while we started the night at our spot then a few of us did some party hopping - thanks to those of you who invited us in for socializing. Saturday I was able to cheer on many friends as they were bringing in Invitational turns ins and while receiving their awards, then the Invite winner letting me wear the crown and hold the trophy so I could feel how heavy it was. And Sunday - OMG.

Some other things that I will always remember about the weekend:

Trying to figure out what Skip was saying all week ... I need to work on my NE accent deciphering. Sorry Skip

Alcoholosophizing with MooCow late Friday night/Saturday morning

Borrowing Early Bird's bike for a spin about 2:00 am. And flying into Tippy Canoe's space just under Mach 1.

Then challenging Giggler to a Top Chef sausage challenge was another part of the weekend I'll never forget. That was a lot of fun.

Getting the call from the Grand Poobah himself.

Sunday night bale burning with the Iowa Regional Brethren Chapter.

Meeting so many new friends throughout the weekend face to face - incredible. I don't know how many weekends that I'll remember in 50 years, but this was definitely one of them thanks to the many people that I had the pleasure to spend time with.

EDIT: how could I forget ... being fortunate enough to compete as a team with my brother (even if the ribs and brisket outscored the chicken and pork by .0004)

You forgot one thing
YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO THE JACK NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Borrowing Early Bird's bike for a spin about 2:00 am. And flying into Tippy Canoe's space just under Mach 1.

Sunday night bale burning with the Iowa Regional Brethren Chapter.

I think the late night bike ride may have to become tradition now:lol:

Sunday night was awesome, we were so happy for you...when they called your name for GC I started going nuts and my buddies wife says to me...I take it you know them? Hell ya I know 'em:mrgreen:

A pic of the Iowa Brethren Regional Bale Burning Party Sunday night
250.jpg

Congrats Boondoogle BBQ!! and all the rest that got a call. Better late than never, but we got back late Tuesday, and had to turn around and leave out on Friday for a local comp.... total of 2700 miles, 3 comps in 10 days..... I am beat.....

I have lots of pics and I am working on getting them uploaded so I can get them posted.

Back