THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Both the options you're considering are really nice grills. The specs on Blaze are great but there isn't a lot of information on them outside of BBQ Guys and the related websites and Blaze is their house brand so I wouldn't consider what's there free from bias. I really like the Napoleon. I've been happy with my Weber Genesis but I don't think I'd spend the kind of money that the Summit costs on one. I think Napoleon is a better option at the higher end. Even further down in the market, I'm not thrilled with the second generation Genesis grills and would probably go with Broil King, Blaze or Napoleon.

A Napoleon Prestige 500RSIB is what is drawing my eye currently.

Search replacement parts and you find that Weber has great availability. My Genesis 1000 is 23 Year’s old and last year I replaced the burners for the second time. Although it was considered expensive when I bought it, I am way ahead of my neighbors that purchase crap and replace every 3 to 5 years. Weber also has many forums you can check out for tips and restoration help if you buy used and rehab. From a support and parts perspective, it simply cannot be beat.

A Napoleon Prestige 500RSIB is what is drawing my eye currently.

I keep coming back to Napoleon, they seem to make a really nice product with similar features for the same or less money...

I can't find a ton in the way of hands on reviews, especially in the Rogue model that I'm looking at.

I reached out to their Customer Service on a different question the other day, they told me they are redesigning their burner systems to up output from 12 to 14k BTU. No firm release date, but they will provide the upgraded orifices they are going to be using free of charge if you buy an existing grill.

Back