THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ther00k

Knows what a fatty is.
Hello,

Im about the pull the trigger on a Gaser and wanted to get some opinions on what you guys use. I will mainly use it for veggies, lazy days and possibly finishing my large protein cooks I start on my offset so I can get some sleep. Also some times I don't want a heavy smoke/charcoal taste on some of my food. Im looking at the Napoleon 500 Phantom with the rotisserie. Anyone had experience with Napoleon? Do you recommend any other gasers?

https://www.napoleon.com/en/us/gril...s/phantom-prestige-500-rsib-p500rsibpmk-3-phm

I don't have any experience with Napoleon.
I would recommend the Weber Stainless steel grills. The Genesis line is pretty fantastic, their summit line is higher end. I've had a Weber Genesis for a looong time now. It's always treated me well, cooks well, and if you ever need anything their support is fantastic.
I use this more than any grill I own, it's just so convenient (code for I'm often lazy) for a quick burger, steak, or even to finish/sear something after a smoke.

Pretty hard to go wrong with the Napoleon or any of the Weber $900+ models(probably a Genesis models or maybe you find someone dumping a Summit series cheap). Both are built well and with proper care should last a long time. I won't over think it too much. What ever one has the better price for what you deem your needs are go with it.

Don't be afraid to check around on a lightly used model.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Weber or Broil King. Napoleons are pretty high end, but have never cooked on one.

On the other hand I cooked on a Dynaglo 4 burner on vacation that did a very nice job. I doubt it would last a long time, but still performed well.

I own a genesis currently and I have been very happy with the output of it. I haven't tried Napoleon but a buddy of mine has one and enjoys it. At least his food pics look really good.

My grill space for it is rather unique and the genesis checked all my boxes. plus it was locally available. Otherwise I would have taken a closer look at napoleon brand.

The Napoleon you’re looking at is a good grill. I have a Weber now and was planning on replacing it with a Napoleon when it does. I think I’m going to go with one of the US made options now but it’s not because I have concerns with the higher end Napoleon options

I'd take a look at the Grilla Grills Primate as it does look like a fantastic gasser for a good price.

Otherwise that Napoleon looks nice and will likely treat you well. My personal opinion on Weber is that they've lost a lot of the "heart and soul" and are focusing too much on "beauty over function." I just don't feel like their quality control is anywhere near as stringent as it used to be, and I don't see their newer products lasting as long as their older models. Obviously this is a personal opinion.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

I love my Napoleon Prestige 500. It was much less than the Phantom about 1.5 years ago and the Phantom didn't offer much more than looks back then. In any case I highly recommend.

Back