Gas Grill Q's

hey guys, im in the same boat as the original poster. I have been leaning towards a Napoleon grill. I read somewhere (i think it was on about.bbq.com) that in the under 2k range they were the only ones to rank higher than weber. don't know how true that is but i would like to have your all's opinion on them.

Holy cow. You mean there is actually a gas grill that costs over $2,000? Wow!

Must come with some bells n whistles.

I think grillman in an earlier post on page 1 had some nice tips. The most obvious being to get at least 3 burners.

My local Sears and WalMart both had clearance prices on most of their grills. Looked like quite a few that I wouldn't have any problem owning and using in the $250 range.

Like most anything else in life, you get what you pay for with gas grills. For 1k and under, weber no question about it. 1k to 2k you can start looking at some other options like napoleon for example. True high end gassers will be 3k and up and cook quite a bit differently then a weber, etc and are made much better. Lynx and firemagic r a couple that come to mind. I have had a couple webers and I have also had a lynx....there is no compariosn between the 2...nor should there be by the price difference......for those that r wondering why spend that bmuch money.....well, it is like comparing the fit, finish, etc on a lang to a greer pit......there is a huge difference, although the performance advantage of a high end gasser is also quite a bit more as well

All that being said, I sold my lynx and now cook on a ceramic and could not be happier

Back