Fri. night NY Pizza on BGE- ...so good !!! (pics)

MilitantSquatter

Brought the temps down a bit to approx 575 degrees on the BGE. Well under 10 minutes...rotated halfway through

same ingredients as most of my others - fresh dough from one of the better pizza shops, crushed San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella & grated grana padano cheese, basil, & extra virgin olive oil.

Came out great.. perfect weather.. so my wife and I sat out on the deck in backyard and ate it with a bottle of wine...

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Looks great! I've had my best results between 550 and 575 using a Lg.

With the dough and sauce combos I've tried that seems to be the sweet spot for me, so far.

Brought the temps down a bit to approx 575 degrees on the BGE. Well under 10 minutes...rotated halfway through

same ingredients as most of my others - fresh dough from one of the better pizza shops, crushed San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella & grated grana padano cheese, basil, & extra virgin olive oil.

Came out great.. perfect weather.. so my wife and I sat out on the deck in backyard and ate it with a bottle of wine...

Thanks for looking

Great looking pie. NOTHING better on this planet than enjoying mother nature with someone you love... and a little vino. Thats what life is all about.

Outstanding looking pizza pie Vinny.
Thanks for the temp. tip.
If time permits here would love to try and give a pizza a try on my Lg. BGE soon.

Thanks for the comments so far.. appreciated !!

sorry guys... as noted in my original post, I didn't make the dough from scratch.

Still haven't dropped the $$ on a mixer. Sooner or later I'll buy one, but for now I'm where Poobah has been.... A bit spoiled in that there are a number of really good pizza places locally (we have bad ones too) that sell their high quality pizza dough for like $3 each...saves a lot of work and cleanup.

Thanks for the comments so far.. appreciated !!

sorry guys... as noted in my original post, I didn't make the dough from scratch.

Still haven't dropped the $$ on a mixer. Sooner or later I'll buy one, but for now I'm where Poobah has been.... A bit spoiled in that there are a number of really good pizza places locally (we have bad ones too) that sell their high quality pizza dough for like $3 each...saves a lot of work and cleanup.

We're in the boat as you basically. I'd love to get a mixer but picked up really good dough tonight locally for two 12" pies for 3.00 ...it makes it pretty easy.

Great looking pies btw!

Back