Fresh local oysters on the grill

tarhog

Knows what a fatty is.
The lovely wifey and I set out delivering some homemade goodies to friends and family today. My favorite cousin reciprocated with some fresh caught eastern NC oysters from Mill Creek. These were grilled to just open where they were shucked and plattered.
IMG_0669_zpse50bccd9.jpg

These were topped with a mixture of butter, hot sauce, horseradish, worcestchire, and a chipotle raspberry sauce. They then got a layer of asiago and precooked bacon.
IMG_0673_zpsa279400d.jpg

I also cooked some bacon and shrimp kabobs. The shrimp are some of what is left of the fifty pounds we buy every year. The were marinated in McCormicks Island Grill marinade. Also in the lineup are some tuna steaks which were also procured earlier this summer. The tuna had a mixture of about two tablespoons of the McCormick marinade to about one quarter cup mayonnaise.
IMG_0676_zps807478f0.jpg

The main ingredients off the grill.

IMG_0678_zpsfa0b4946.jpg

And plated for the family Christmas Eve meal.
IMG_0679_zps3d43740f.jpg

Thanks for looking. Merry Christmas to all. Tarhog

Thanks Cowgirl. A compliment from you makes mine a Merry Christmas. You are a pinnacle around these parts. IMO.
Wow, very kind of you to say! Thank you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Christmas eve dinner a little different than around here in the Midwest...I am envious!!

Tarhog,
I would let you pull my left arm off and hit me over the head with it in exchange for a plate of those oysters.
Dayum. Just freakin' Dayum!

All of that looks great! :hungry:

Are the oysters a takeoff of a Raichlen recipe? The chipotle raspberry sauce has a familiar ring. How did you like them? Every once in a while I think about getting some kind of shellfish for the grill.

All of that looks great! :hungry:

Are the oysters a takeoff of a Raichlen recipe? The chipotle raspberry sauce has a familiar ring. How did you like them? Every once in a while I think about getting some kind of shellfish for the grill.
Thanks Hank. Although I do have a Raichlen book in the library, the chipotle raspberry sauce is one I found at the Harris Teeter over in the big city of New Bern. The ingredients for the oysters are just something I came up with according to what was available in my refrigerator.

I'm gonna piggy back your thread. We had oysters Rockefeller for supper. Was gonna get a pic, got excited and forgot. Got this one though:
IMG_20131224_180353_758.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Christmas eve dinner a little different than around here in the Midwest...I am envious!!
I am sure ours is a bit different but I would be willing to bet you have access to some of the best beef available anywhere in the world. And for that, I am envious as well. All the best.

Oh man that brings back some great memories. Dad was stationed at Cherry Point when I was a kid. Now I gotta find some burlap and make some oysters!

Back