THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

getting there, after about 3 days of work this is how far I've gotten.
IMG_0112.jpg

This is my first real welding project so please don't be to critical of my welds. ( It's a gradual learning curve ).
IMG_0114.jpg

Gonna keep plugging away, I'll keep ya all posted. Some feedback from the offset guys would be greatly accepted.

IMG_0113.jpg

So it has been a few days since my last post but I am pretty much finished. I wasn't going to post until later but I'm sitting here waiting for the hardware store to open......

Couple nights ago, My neighbor says I'm workin to hard and I should take a break, ask's me if I want to go fishing.... at 9:30 P.M. ...hmmmm...... okay lets go!

didn't get into the lake till around 11:30,
IMG_0130.jpg

We got skunked but hey look at the view.... plus a few beers, it was worth it!
IMG_0131.jpg

Just getting home to get back to work..... wait a minute it's 3:30 in the morn, bedtime.:bored:
IMG_0143.jpg

Okay back to work. Here's where I am at now, almost done. Going to grab some finishing stuff and will burn her today! Enjoy:-D

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

My God that looks great. The welds look profesinal, amazing work! I wud use the top of the firbox like a griddle and fry b'feast in the morning as you smoke something for the later part of the day. Best of luck!

Man.....nice job on the build! I'm SOOOOOOO jealous! I can't wait to build one just like it to go onto my trailer.

Not that I've built one, but just a couple of thoughts:
  • It looks like you DO have "stops" on your rack slides so that the cook racks don't fall out on you when pulled out all the way? I didn't see them, but since the racks are all pulled out....you thought of that?
  • What about counterweights on the doors? Are they that heavy? Also....do you think you'll need stops so that they don't have to lay ALL the way back when open?
  • You gonna just put it on a heavy cart or on a trailer of some sorts? Didn't know if you were gonna permanize it like Phrasty's?
Like I said.....just some random thoughts. I've been thinking about mine for a good while now. If I only had some FREE STUFF laying around like you did.....!:roll::becky::thumb:

Back