Franklin, NC pictures

I know what you mean but you had to be there for this one! Judges are not supposed to show pleasure or disgust while tasting but it was comical as we all hit this turn in at the time. We looked like 6 dogs trying to gnaw on a bone. :icon_smile_tongue:

Sad thing is those were probably my ribs! The toughest ribs I have ever turned in. Still scratching my head a little over what happened, but these things happen from time to time.
Thanks for the photos. Was great meeting you.

Todd - It was nice to meet you too. So sorry about your ribs. I see that you tied with Bub-Ba-Q! It can happen to the best teams. Jacks Old South came in DAL for ribs at Cleveland, TN last month. Maybe somein' is going around??? :roll:

This year I gave my wife the responsibility of the ribs. After we sent the box to the judges, we looked at each other and agreed if they did not get DAL we would be lucky. I did get a note from a judge that said the appearance was great and taste was also but the ribs were tough. He or she scored them 9-8-6. Had two sixes on tenderness.
I have to say I agreed 100%. I figured the other judges that gave 7's were being kind.

Back