For Bier Snobs Only, Smoke Beer!

Thermal Mass

is one Smokin' Farker
First off, not a bier snob at all. We happened into this German restaurant last weekend in Green Bay for a nice family dinner.

The bier list was extensive!

Being somewhat familiar with traditional imports my first two selections were pretty standard, Spaten and Westmalle.

After some browsing I spotted this gem!

Considering I am not eloquent in bier lingo, here is how I would best describe it: Smooth with a tone similar to a doppleboch but not sweet, little to no hoppyness but a STRONG smoke flavor and mild smoke finish.

If you happen on this I would highly recommend trying it with your next "smoke"!:becky:

I am curious of how others who may have had this how they would describe it, so comment please.:thumb: Thanks for looking.

I love smoked beer, I haven't had that one but I used to get it all the time thirty years ago, but it hasn't been available around here for a long time. A local brewery here makes a smoked Porter that is very nice.

That sounds like something I'd like to try. I really enjoy Stone Brewing Smoked Porter. It goes great with BBQ.

s-porter-bttle22.png

looking at that, I would guess that if you drink 6 bottles, you will wake up and it will feel like there is sandpaper behind your eyeballs, ....

it will feel like your nuts are in a vice grip, so you will have a splitting headache, ....

and your mouth will be as dry as the bottom of a canary cage

thats just my 'gut feel'

I'm not a real fan of smoke beers but once in a while I'll brew a Smoked Porter using 2-Row lightly smoked with Alder. It doesn't take much to overwhelm a beer. Cheers!!!

my favorite smoked beer is alaskan smoked porter and aged it's divine.

another popular one that i tried, but just didn't dig as much was surly smoke.

I'm not a real fan of smoke beers but once in a while I'll brew a Smoked Porter using 2-Row lightly smoked with Alder. It doesn't take much to overwhelm a beer. Cheers!!!

I just did a porter with some of my grains smoked over alder, with a bit of cherry. Came out great...best beer I've done since I started brewing again...of course, I've only finished 3 batches, but that's beside the point.

oh no. this is the real thing brewed in the back. apparently its a very famous bier. I still cannot pronounce the name

strawberry bier in Germany?

I dont think so LOL

I guess if I'd done me research I'd've seen it was Früli beer I was thinking of. Dutch. Chicks dig it. :wink:

Back