THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw the same thing with a Honda Accord on CL a week ago, figured it was an isolated incident, but you guys I think are just barely scratchin the surface! Thanks for being so on top of this everyone!!

I saw this ad on CL about a week ago and showed it to my business partner because I was interested in it. I happened to stumble across this thread and guess what I think it is the same person. I could not see the trailer everyone was talking about because the page had been removed is this the trailer everyone is talking about?

3ne3kb3p65Oc5Pc5S2a217e3ac8506f74111f.jpg
3k73o13p85Te5Pc5Raa21f86af860a1391ea4.jpg
3k83o93l35O85P25Rfa21261b95b0b9a21726.jpg
3n53kc3l25O85T95R7a214a4cd926b62812d7.jpg

http://omaha.craigslist.org/bfs/1581302164.html

yes, that would be it.... stay far away as possible, and report it as prohibited, and email Craigslist with the posting and email address.

I just had to do it.... being the trouble maker I am, I just had to email her and fuel the fire.... here is her reply. Compare it to the above one:

Hi,
The food trailer is located in Florida.The price for the trailer is $4400 and it includes shipping and insurance.The trailer It's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems,with no damages or hidden defects,no need additional repairs,fully equipped,liens or loans.I had a buyer from California but his loan was not approved and now the trailer is still for sale.Shipping is already paid, as I explained, my buyer couldn't take the loan after I made the arrangements to ship the trailer,and the trucking company won't refund me, but I am able to ship the trailer anywhere in US.As I travel a lot and I can't do this transaction personally, the transaction will be made thru eBay for our safety and so we can be sure of the legitimacy of our deal...to do that i need your full name and full shipping address and ebay will contact you shortly with all the information you need.
I have to let you know that I want a fast deal because I have some financial problems right now.
Please reply me asap if interested
Nicole

I emailed here back a few minutes ago to tell her I am in FL and not too far away and would like to look at it first to see if it would do what I am looking into doing, and if it does, I can give her a binder until I can get to the bank and get the balance and meet at DMV to get the title transferred..... let's see what she has to see about that..... should be interesting. Wonder how long I can string her along.... :biggrin:

smoke-n-my-i's, I doubt you will set up a face to face, but if you can, oh please take the police with you to set up a little sting! I love to see people doing that to other people go off to jail!

John

smoke-n-my-i's, I doubt you will set up a face to face, but if you can, oh please take the police with you to set up a little sting! I love to see people doing that to other people go off to jail!

John

John, I doubt it will ever happen either... but I am having fun in the mean time... all of those that have replied only get the "we have shipping already paid, we can only do it through EBay"... that is bull.... and we know it... only she doesn't know that we know it... is it really a she, or an imposter???? I have written Craigslist abuse now twice and reported her/him about it with the email address and a couple of the ads... told them to do a Google search and look for the ads all over the country.... their standard reply was to flag as prohibited....

I will string it along as long as she/he will allow it... I am going to insist that if it is to be sold, I have to look at it first.... I bet that the emails will stop on her end.....

Wow, this is a serious issue. I wonder how many people really do get duped on something like this? Is a shame to think about.

I just checked and had 2 more emails from Nicole....

I never said anything abt EBay.... ??? so why this explanation....

hello Bill,
the trailer is not listed on ebay. this is just an agreement between me and ebay. because the trailer is not listed on ebay we will work with ebay international. to do that i need your full name and full shipping address so i can open a case with ebay international and they will contact you shortly with all th einfo you need regarding payment and shipping.
thank you
nicole

I did get a "location":

Hi again,
Miami.the problem is that i am out of state for the next three weeks and i'm unable to make this deal in person, this is why i'm offered to ship it and to make the deal thru ebay.
so if you are interested in buying the trailer from me we will make this deal thru ebay only and to do that i need your full name and full shipping address.
Thank you
Nicole

She is insistent upon doing EBay... I just wrote here back and told her I could wait until she got back, if she did not want to wait until I can examine the trailer to make sure that it will work for me, then I guess I would have to pass on it....

I wonder what her reply, if any, will be on that....

Well, that was the end of that... no replies at all when I insisted on waiting and seeing the trailer....

I just sent her a note stating that since she only insisted on Ebay using a money gram which is against Ebay policy and is regarded as a SCAM, the apparently that is what this is, a SCAM. And I will be reporting it to the FCC, Craigslist, and EBAY, unless she stops immediately, and sends an apology to all of the listing sites that I have seen her posts on, which includes just about every large city in the US. This is not only a Federal crime, but an internet crime as well.

Now I really doubt that I will get a reply no sooner that I did when I insisted on seeing the trailer, but maybe it will open her eyes a little. I make a bet that the email address will change, and that the posts will continue... just imagine how much money one could make if they were able to sell just one a week... :eek:

Kind of strange... Some of the postings I listed the other day are stated as being removed by being flagged, some are removed by author??? does the latter mean that some were sold and then removed, or did the scum bag get the message the other day and start removing them????

Time to go trailer shopping......

Looks like an ongoing theme of scams... been researching on a tow/suv and received the below messages:

First email:
Hi, The car is in excellent condition as you can see in the pictures. Never been dropped, raced or in an accident. It has been regularly maintained. It runs like brand new with no issues.
I'm in New Jersey due to my work (i'm an Air Force Msgt.) and i have the car here with me. I can deliver it to your shipping address (i will pay for the shipping and insurance fees) and i will agree to let you test and inspect it for 5 days just to be sure. In this 5 days you will test the conditions of the car. If something won't be like you expected to be you can return it without any expense. It will come with all the paper work.
The payment will be made through bank wire transfer. The deal will go through eBay motors and Square Trade. In this way both of us will have the required assurance that the deal will take place well. A refund policy will be included.
If you agree with these terms please reply me with your full name, shipping address and phone# so that i can forward them to eBay. They will send you a complete list with instructions.
I`m waiting for your reply as soon as possible. Please contact me on the email from the attach (I've sent you a picture).
Thanks

second email:
Hi, Sorry for the delay. Due to my busy schedule i prefer to ship it. Anyway a refund policy will be included so you'll have the possibility to return it if you consider so (but i really don't think this will happen because the car is in great shape). Sorry that i can't call you or give you a phone# because i'm in an army base and for security reasons i don't have access to a phone(i hardly have access to a computer) but i'll call you when i'll go out to handle the shipping. I hope you'll understand this situation.
If you are interested please reply me with your full name and shipping address so that i can start the transaction through eBay, if not just let me know so i can try to find another buyer. Thanks

Responded that I was willing to drive out and inspect in person before any monies exchanges.
Won't hear fm him again.

FYI: Square trade scam on Ebay details...
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Escrow-Insurance/Square-Trade-Scam/200082658

Last edited:
Lots of Scams going on. I found one on a rental property, my son is coming home from Iraq and wanted me to check on a rental he found on Craigslist turns out there were more than one ad same names put one was located over in London Eng. and wanted all personal information sent there along with Deposit which threw up the warning flags. When I confronted them about the two different amounts of dep. and locations they said they were aware of it and wanted to know if still interested. I often wonder how many fall for this stuff. If it sounds to good to be true it often is not

I think this one is for real, the poor ladies husband died and she has the trailer all wrapped up and ready to ship to me at her expense, how can I go wrong, and only $4102.00, she said she works on a cruise ship but her shipper would help her take care of the sale, must be a nice shipper to help her like that with her husband dying

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bfs/1601844230.html

How do these a$$clowns sleep at night?

Back