THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found the perfect size pans at target, they fit the 22" like a glove. Cost me $15 each but they should last forever. They fit the bottom and top racks just fine. They come with roasting racks but I'll just toss those.
Now I need to get them dirty!

Link to product:
http://www.target.com/p/Chefmate-18in-2pc-Carbon-Steel-Roaster-with-Rack/-/A-12737477

pan.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome! I'd love to have some of those for my UDS. Thanks for following up on this. I'm gonna hunt these down!:thumb:
I just wonder if they'll fit my UDS since my lid is different than the WSM's lid......

Is that aluminum or stainless? Or other?

Don't toss the roasting racks. Use them for the whole cook...that way you get smoke all around the meat and don't lose any of the juices.

Thanks Saiko but,......wouldn't ya have to :)shock:) wash that?:eusa_clap
Thanks for the find.:grin:

Not if I wrap it in HD foil before!

That's awesome! I'd love to have some of those for my UDS. Thanks for following up on this. I'm gonna hunt these down!:thumb:
I just wonder if they'll fit my UDS since my lid is different than the WSM's lid......

Is that aluminum or stainless? Or other?

Made out of Carbon steel. They also fit my 22" weber grill with the lid, so I'm thunking they would work on a UDS.

Don't toss the roasting racks. Use them for the whole cook...that way you get smoke all around the meat and don't lose any of the juices.

I HATE cleaning racks. I'll have to think about that one. Good idea though!

Made out of Carbon steel. They also fit my 22" weber grill with the lid, so I'm thunking they would work on a UDS.

SWEET! I'd have thought for sure those handles would hit the lid. NOW....I have to get a Costo membership.....:roll: or at least find someone who does.....

Seriously thanks for posting this, you Confederate Drow Elf you :)wink:)!!!!!!!

Nice find. I would definitely hang on to that rack. It doesn't really give you enough elevation but with a little modification you could use it to steam meat like when making pastrami or Dr BBQ's Chicago beef.

As Wampus mentioned, I am a little concerned that a regular Weber kettle lid might hit those handles that stick up. Worth a shot though for $15. Worst case, cut the handles off.

Nice find. I would definitely hang on to that rack. It doesn't really give you enough elevation but with a little modification you could use it to steam meat like when making pastrami or Dr BBQ's Chicago beef.

As Wampus mentioned, I am a little concerned that a regular Weber kettle lid might hit those handles that stick up. Worth a shot though for $15. Worst case, cut the handles off.

I tried the regular lid on my kettle and it still fit.

And yes, I think ill hold on to those racks, good idea.

Finally getting a chance to try the pans today. So far so good.
Wrapped the pan in HD foil for easier clean up, and it's all snug as a bug in a rug. High heat of course!

pan01.jpg

pan02.jpg

pan03.jpg

Back