Fish Sauce Marinated Flank Steak, Cooked over Live fire [emoji91]

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
John
Flank steak, marinated in Red Boat Fish Sauce, fresh lime juice and a little sugar, seasoned with Q-Salt.

4404641b5b5f653cbc5a0616ac7222f9.jpg

Cooked on the Shirley Santa Maria Pit

b5726bd0a8c6291ad95e1c78336148fb.jpg

6cdb1a6816f44310c21964b09fecad19.jpg

Resting
2a3dd85c42654eeaaf39aecf70f10ed9.jpg

served with a raw Brussel sprout & crispy bacon salad

94107a03b01900d6c02610f1fbf02f05.jpg

0a6bde6f69eb6ea6f90d85ec5e3f95fd.jpg

John, that's the best looking live fire-cooked fish sauce marinated flank steak I've seen around here in a long time!

Cooked just right, also like the bacon side salad thingy, too.

I like fish sauce marinated beef.Yours looks great.NOW,,,,TELL BE ABOUT THAT SALAD!!! Please.

Trimmed off the root and ran the Brussel sprouts through the Cuisinart with the shredding blade.

Ran whole (non-salted) Almonds through it with chopper blade.

Cooked 1lb of bacon on the Blackstone, when it cooled, it got crumbled up.

Added all that together, along with a cup of shredded Parmesan.

Tossed with a Lemon, Orange vinaigrette

Wow, that’s a perfect cook and plate! I love a good flank steak and you cooked it perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Most Excellent looking cook but what is "Fish Sauce"?

Mike, fish sauce is a staple in Asian cooking, particularly Thai cuisine. It also adds a ton of flavor to a good many things. Here's a good primer:

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/what-is-fish-sauce

Note the images of Red Boat fish sauce in the above article, which is also what John used. Red Boat was launched by one of the Brethren, Smoke Jumper, back in 2011(I think). It's the gold standard in fish sauces and we would not be without it. We use it in all of our Thai cooking, as well as many other dishes.

Killer, John!

I've used anchovies as a part of herbs and such on lamb before... and Red Boat when marinating my Thai-inspired pork ribs.... but never tried fish sauce as a marinade for beef.

The flavors going on in there are right up my alley. Need to follow suit in near future.

Have a great weekend!

That is a killer cook John! I don't have a santa maria but, you are have me thinking of rigging something up for the fire pit

Back