Couple recent cooks: chicken fajitas, marinated flank steak, creamed mushrooms with Madeira

BDAABAT

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bruce
Good day all! I was REALLY enjoying some terrific leftovers for lunch today and thought I'd share a couple recent cooks (including the leftovers that inspired the thread).

My lunch leftovers: chicken fajitas! Marinated the chicken in a mix of lime juice, garlic, onion, cilantro, cumin, and some other stuff. Tossed onto the griddle to get going.

Added the veg:

Plated:

Hard to make out the topper of a cilantro crema (Greek yogurt, chopped scallions, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, squeeze of lime juice and some salt). MAN is that stuff yummy!

Next: grilled marinated flank steak.

Marinated flank steaks in a mix of soy, lime juice, ginger, garlic, onion, cilantro and some veggie oil. Then tossed onto the gasser.

Marked:

Sliced:

Finally, creamed mushrooms with Madeira.

Cleaned mushrooms:

Sliced:

Sautéing with diced shallot in butter:

After letting some of the liquid evaporate, added the Madeira, cooked down, then added the cream:

Even though it was only a couple ounces of Madeira added to a large amount of mushrooms/cream/butter, you can readily taste it in the final product. It was fabulous!

Thanks for looking!
Bruce

Thanks for the feedback all! Am really enjoying having a well stocked fridge and freezer!!

Bruce

Back