THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excellent first go. Now when your second one doesn't meet up to your expectations just remember that's what the third cook is all about.
I've yet to be completly satisfied with a BBQ session.
Thats why I keep cookin.
ModelMaker

Excellent! This board has come a looooooong way in the almost 4 years that I've been here to the point that someone without experience can pretty much get the info they need to have a fairly successful cook the 1st time out.
Cooking ribs 1st time out was a brave venture! You did a nice job!
Congrats and welcome!

Good job! Your story is similar to mine. I swear I learned to BBQ before I even bought my Chargriller. I read and read on these forums so I knew what to do before I even started. of course some practice was still needed, but I believe I past many of the rookie mistakes thanks to the forum. This is the same reason I believe we have done so well in our first three competitons. Be careful though, I can almost guarantee that within a year you'll be looking to upgrade or atleast increase the number of cookers you have. I had one gasser a year ago, and now I have the gasser and three charcoal BBQs. I am also looking for a trailered pit too. If you know any one in the central valley with one for sale let me know. Good luck in the future and Q on!:p

Jason

Welcome brother! Good to see another Valley Dude in here...Where you from in the SJV? You a Dog fan! Whoof!
I live east of Fresno, North of Sanger at the base of the foothills near Pine Flat. I am indeed a big Dogs fan, I was at the Spring game a few months ago and I'm looking forward to the home opener (and hopefully a better season).

I'm really looking forward to my vacation, my first time out was good, but there is room for lots of improvement and new things to try. With the time off I hope to get in some good practice, that is when I'm not cruising the lake in my TAV (trout assault vehicle, better known as a 12 foot aluminum fishing boat with ancient 10hp Johnson outboard :lol: ).

Welcome brother! Good to see another Valley Dude in here...Where you from in the SJV? You a Dog fan! Whoof!
I live east of Fresno and north of Sanger at the base of the foothills near Pine Flat. I am indeed a big Dogs fan, I was at the Spring game a couple months ago and I'm looking forward to the season (hopefully a better one than last year).

As one of the other guys said, reading up on the site for a few weeks sure helped limit the rookie mistakes which helped a LOT. My Q was good for a first run, but I can already see things that need improvement and I'm sure as I read, learn and try things out, I'll find quite a few more.

Way to go HD! You must be either pretty smart or motivated to absorb all that info, make the mods, and succeed with a more difficult meat on your trial run.

Back