THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chelps03

Knows what a fatty is.
Finally was able to get the new smoker out for a little seasoning!! Filled the charcoal pan about halfway full and put a lil water in her and lit her up. Came to temp pretty fast for just lighting such a small amount of charcoal. And using the daisy wheel to lock in temps was a breeze (will prob get a guru later). Had her about halfway open then closed her about a quarter the way and she settled in right at about 265 degrees. Ran her for awhile to set the rope gasket then threw in a little wood for smoking and sprayed her down with oil. Might end up doing one more seasoning before I start cooking on her. These humphreys are built like a tank and the craftsmanship is second to none! I am very pleased with the purchase and look forward to many cooks on her (Sheila).

I also wanted to say thank you to Kevin as he has been a pleasure to do business with. Quick to answer any questions and was very patient with me as it took me awhile to pull the trigger on my final decision. I would recommend him and these smokers to anyone that is looking for a fine product with great customer service. Thanks again Kevin!!!

Attachments

Great looking cooker! You have to excuse Smitty, he's like a dog humping your leg when someone mentions Humphrey's. No self control.:biggrin1:

Looks like you are off to a great start and your seasoning is done.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your first cook.

I also agree that they are built with superior craftsmanship second to none. They are in a class far above the others.

I'm curious to see how well you can control the temperature without a guru in the future. I don't plan to use one right away either. I like to cook around 225 and I'm hoping it will stay in that range relatively easily.

Back