THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tinman

Knows what a fatty is.
It was pointed out to me that I am breaking in my new UDS and have still never cooked a fatty ever in my bbq endeavors! It sounds like I may have committed a bit of a sin by not tossing a fatty on the UDS during the first burn. I am seeking forgiveness for my transgressions and offering this fatty pron as atonement.
I did not take a shot of me stuffing it, but it is a 2lb mixture of sage and maple sausage, stuffed with a variety of cheese and peppers....then the bacon lattice of course.

Here it is prepped....
temporary_zps44506e03.jpg

Here is my oldest son giving me his approval. When he saw it, he shouted....."that's the best thing I have ever seen!"
temporary_zps7f752ac7.jpg

More pics to come after she comes off!

I had no idea........unbelievable! :shocked: My wife is hooked too...
I toasted some english muffins, slathered with a roasted garlic mayo I made earlier, a fried egg, and topped it with a couple really thin slices of Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar......... it was amazing!

Next time I will stuff way more peppers inside becaue they were really great in there. I am already planning the next ones.....

The PRON....

temporary_zps4da84d6d.jpg

temporary_zps07db7960.jpg

temporary_zps58c63847.jpg

You must have gotten many ribbons for basket weaving. I dont know how some of you make your fatties look so fantastic! I agree about the peppers, I put them in the sausage too. Can't go wrong with peppers and meat!!!

I was pretty shocked at the weave too, that was my first try at that. I saw Cowgirl mention she did it on plastic wrap, so that's what I did. Then I just rolled it up diagonal and used the plastic to help roll it....worked great!

That looks amazing! Can't wait to make a few of these myself! Thanks for sharing.

Can i have a plate too? That looks good and i would say you are forgiven, go forth and sin no more. :biggrin1:

Back