THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roadpir8

Name or Nickame
Serge
I have never done pork butts before... so I started with researching on BBQ Brethren (thanks to all who contribute) and away I went. So I got these at Costco, didn't realize until this morning they are boneless :roll:. So won't be able to do the bone jiggle doneness test :icon_frow. Decided to try without injecting. Slathered with Grey Poupon and applied rub. In at 250. Still not done. I intend to place them in a trays at 165 and wrap top to finish. To be continued...

Attachments

Looking good, and you don't need no stinkin' bone. When they feel probe tender, you are ready for some good eating.

Looks like a fabulous inaugural cook. Whenever I do a butt I do two so we can freeze and have easy dinners.

I am very please with the results, including the smoked cabbage. I made a sort of slaw with it topping it with thinly cut onions and fresh jalapenos and homemade coleslaw dressing. I put the pulled pork on top and feasted on it. Great bark, smoke rink, juiciness... great recipe from Vindulge.com and great info in this forum that set up me up for success. Also my favorite still locally owned winery in Napa, had an excellent chardonnay to handle all the spices. William Harrison flies multiple American flags in front of his winery and a sign that says American owned! I have had the pleasure to meet Mr. Harrison and speak with him. He is a great person and who has a great story of how he came to own that winery, where at the age of 75+ he still actively works harvesting, processing the grapes, bottling etc... If you ever find yourself in the Napa valley I highly recommend this winery.

Attachments

Back