THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GA1dad

Full Fledged Farker
My coffee/spice grinder finally gave up the ghost. It never really worked that well for finishing powders anyway. So now I'm looking for a replacement for use at competitions (for freshness), that doesn't take up too much space,,, and most importantly, is capable of super fine grinding.

I'm giving serious consideration to trying a mortar and pestle. Any recommendations for an electric model?

Thanks in advance!

Can't help with electric, I just use cheap ones and replace when required, which has not been often.

If you go the mortar and pestle route check Asian supermarkets, I got a large stone one for < $25 a few years back. I suspect it would have been over $100 (possibly well over) at a Williams & Sonoma type place.

I also have one. It would leave powder, but also some chunks. Connected a potentiometer to slow the blade speed down. Takes a few seconds longer but is a much more consistent grind. :thumb:

I have a really old grinder, I think it belonged to my grandma but it still works. Anyway, I believe you may easily solve your problem if check some websites with different compilations of grinders for different budgets. or just to analyze the market of Amazon. I wish you good luck.

Back