THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

El Fooderino

Got Wood.
Name or Nickame
Todd
I finally bought a Meater + meat thermometer. I've been wanting one for a while but my Maverick has been a workhorse. I justified the purchase because I can use it with the rotisserie. I'm gonna have it's maiden cook this weekend. Anyone using one?

Attachments

I've had one for over a year. Bought it like you, for my rotisserie. I love it. It's worked flawlessly except one time. Went online to do some troubleshooting and found out all that was wrong was it was just a little dirty where it makes the charging connection on the block. Cleaned it up and it's been fine ever since.

I didn't think it was dirty because I clean it after each use. It was a little smoked up and had turned brown.

Fine sandpaper is your friend here.

Nice!!!

I've had the block for two years now. I was part of their crowdfunding project on Kickstarter in 2015 and they took a while but delivered. A lot of naysayers but they proved a lot of people wrong. Back then I used to use thermometers a lot but not much by the time I got it 2018. With all that said, I now use it here and there and it works very well. I have to connection issues or any interference while using it in kettles, closed rotisseries, offsets etc.

7Z1aFBWh.jpg

Love their app as well

aW7V7EEh.png

I absolutely love it for rotisserie cooking and probably when I use it most

aR9ym29h.jpg

I finally used the Meater+ on a small pork shoulder yesterday. It worked very well but I had to keep the charger much closer to the grill than I though it would need to be. I found the app to be very user friendly despite losing connection a few times even though I was less than 30 feet away at all times. I feel the time remaining feature might be confusing to someone that has not cooked larger pieces of meat because of the stall some meat has.There was a point when it was almost done that the app stopped showing the time remaining so I never got my 2 minute almost done alarm. All in all I'm happy with it & I'm sure the few issues I did have were user error & will get worked out over time. I shredded the pork & it was fantastic as usual. I chopped some up for a couple sammys. One with my ghetto blaster sauce & another with Old Mule's smokey chipotle sauce, both with onion & pickle. All in is was a good Sunday & I'm happy with my purchase. Next week I'll try it on the rotisserie

Attachments

I´m thinking of getting one, to use with the rotisserie and my Santa Maria.
I have a Fireboard that I use a lot but the wires are not practical for those kinda cooks.

Need to read up on it though, does this also work via wifi AND BT? How close does the base need to be to the cooker?

Back