Feedback Chicken turn in please

Dave, I'm not a judge and have never judged. But I wanted to ask why you would judge down on appearance for what you think the sauce "may" be covering up or what went wrong? Why would you not just judge it as it is, and if the reason for not giving a high score use the reasoning that there is just too much sauce and it does not look as appetizing as it would have if there would have been less sauce on it?

ps: I don't disagree that the sauce appears really thick,
my post referred to the same thoughts as you Greg ..its very distressing to think judges are looking for underlying reasons something may be sliced a little to thick ..sauced too much..etc..not the first time ive heard these type comments from judges..judge the box for what it is and dont worry about what might be..could be..etc...

How do you determine a left or right thigh? Pics would be helpful :-D
Don't have pictures. Just trim them from a bird and don't mix them up. For a contest I usually buy 6 whole birds and trim myself. You get better skin coverage that way:wink:. I usually use the rest for eats at the contest or freeze them for later. I eat a lot of chicken and tuna salad:mrgreen:. Take a look at this site and notice the hip joint side is larger than the knee joint. Also the anterior aspect of the thigh is convex.
http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/cutupchicken.htm

Last edited:
Back