FEC120 or Ole Hickory CTO for Catering Trailer

fireman_pete

Full Fledged Farker
We are getting ready to build a new catering trailer. I am torn on which smoker would be best.

I am looking at the FEC120 and Ole Hickory CTO. I am leaning towards to the Ole Hickory because of larger capacity, but thought I would ask for opinions and feedback here.

The use will be for 100% catering/commercial. Cooking butts, brisket, chicken, ribs and full pans of side dishes (i.e. beans, mac & cheese, etc).

Please let me know what one you would recommend for use in a mobile environment and why.

Thanks!

Pete

I am looking at the FEC120 and Ole Hickory CTO. I am leaning towards to the Ole Hickory because of larger capacity,

If you need the capacity, then you answered your own question above. Both are great rigs and will turn out quality Q. However when he need arises, there is no replacement for displacement. For a catering rig I would go with the bigger unit. Just my thoughts my friend.

Yeah, I know, that is what i was thinking too :)

Just wanted to validate my thoughts I guess :grin:

If you need the capacity, then you answered your own question above. Both are great rigs and will turn out quality Q. However when he need arises, there is no replacement for displacement. For a catering rig I would go with the bigger unit. Just my thoughts my friend.

Go with the bigger one. You will regret it later when you are doing that big cook and not able to fit that last piece of meat on there.

The next question, what happens when you outgrow the CTO?

I am planning on putting a second smoker (CTO, or Humphreys) on the porch for "special events" and competitions!

Go with the bigger one. You will regret it later when you are doing that big cook and not able to fit that last piece of meat on there.

The next question, what happens when you outgrow the CTO?

Back