Favorite music to BBQ to

9 times out of 10 I pop in ZZ top live from Texas and jam out.

I love to listen to the sounds of nature and the SNAP of beer cans opening.

Blues,70/80's rock. S R V always a favorite.

Thanks for the tip on Radio free texas!:thumb: Added to favorites.Great stuff.

Here in Kansas City we have a new(er) radio station called GenX Radio which I believe is part of a national group of stations. As you would guess, its a fantastic mix of 80's and 90's music that goes from rap (Digital Underground "Humpty Dance" for those that do not remember) to R&B (Boys II Men) to pop (Flock of Seagulls and other cheesy 80's music) to "hair metal" (Poison, Cinderella, etc.). I find it fun to listen to the old music of my younger days while doing my part to support those small time, mom & pop companies like Budweiser.

http://www.genxkc.com/

hmmm...Flame broiled steaks or burgers?...Gotta listen to some Slayer!:twisted:

Here in Kansas City we have a new(er) radio station called GenX Radio which I believe is part of a national group of stations. As you would guess, its a fantastic mix of 80's and 90's music that goes from rap (Digital Underground "Humpty Dance" for those that do not remember) to R&B (Boys II Men) to pop (Flock of Seagulls and other cheesy 80's music) to "hair metal" (Poison, Cinderella, etc.). I find it fun to listen to the old music of my younger days while doing my part to support those small time, mom & pop companies like Budweiser.

http://www.genxkc.com/
I think we get that same station in Memphis now. It started here earlier this year. It's definitely one of my new favorites.

if I'm doing a short smoke 3 to 5 hours AC/DC on my Ipod anything longer than that it has to be Johnny Cash. I have his full discography everything from 56 until his death. May he rest in peace beside June

On the weekends it's KGON.. classic rock blocks. During the week KINK, music from the sixties to present. Changing vinyl is a PITA when cooking and cracking beers!

So just was wondering what everyone likes to listen to while they BBQ.
Some of my prefrences are Toby Keith, Skynyrd, govt mule, occasionally DMB, Jack Johnson and always Jamey Johnson

Of course, Pink Floyd goes with anything.

But if it's country, Tim McGraw's debut CD: "Not a moment too soon."

Alan Jackson's CD's: "Gone Country", "A lot about livin and a little bout love"

Jimmy Buffett's: "Songs you know by heart"

Neil Young's: "Harvest"

Back