THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long have you been making REAL BBQ

• Total voters
I smoked ribs,butts,brisket, and salmon on my Weber kettle for years but it wasn't an obsession like it is now with the Bandera.

3 years here, one on the WSM. Translation "one enjoyable year." Although we got some pretty good stuff out of the old ECB, it was too much work to enjoy. Tending the fire every hour on an overnighter..., well..., sucks.

Jeff_in_KC said:
It just occured to me... those of us with kids who are getting them involved in Kids Q contests and teaching them in our back yards are gonna create some kids who have more Q experience by age 16 than most of us have right now!

Jeff- They might get more calls than we do too :mrgreen: ..... and they don't stress out over the little things, and just have fun. Maybe we should learn a little more from them. I know I want my daughter's steak recipe :wink:

fivelombardis said:
that's cool...maybe if i'd been more mature in college, i'd "remember" more about what happened while i was there!!!

SFA or SWT? I'd have a hard time keeping my mind 'right' there too:wink:

How long in the craft

Grand Poobah...Will launch a new Charbroil schmoaker on it's maiden voyage on Sunday. Have good friends and this website to guide me along the way. Have been doing a lot of BBQ-Brethren reading, and still feel a bit unprepared, but in the inimitable words of American musician Fats Waller - - - "One never knows, do one?".:wink: Will keep reading threads, for tips and tricks in the pursuit of sweeeeet blue! BREW!!!

How long in the craft

A follow-up after the maiden SCHMOAK, to the Grand Poobah's question of how long in the craft? - - - one week and loving it! Schmoaked a pork loin and fattie last Sunday. :-D

Used Kingsford and a half a bag of Hickory chunks. Made minor, small adjustments to the firebox throughout the schmoakin process to keep the temps level and sweet blue the order of the day, and used the 3-2-1 just as I'd read. When I hit the foil, I let the firebox dwindle down to around 200, so had to build it back up for the final two hours. Ended up with a nice 235F just in time to pull the loin off for the cooler - - - now where are those hamburgers and hot dogs when ya need 'em? :rolleyes:

Got a smokerring on both meats and might need to keep the schmoaker around 220-230 instead of 240-245, since I had an internal temp of 180F on the loin instead of the 170F I was shooting for. Both came out really tender and juicy though, thanks to the light apple juice spray and bath throughout, especially as they went into the foil.:cool:

I gotta do this again, really soon!!! I am pumped!!! This is good shtuff Maynard!!!:-D :-D :-D

Ooops, was trying to reply with a PM to the GP and $crewed it up. Sorry...Can't find the Delete option. Gary

Back