THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here’s why. Quality small cooks. One rack of ribs, beef plate ribs, small pork butt. Casseroles like Conecuh Mac N Cheese :)

I’m definitely not tired of BBQ. I’m kind of tiring of three gallon or 12 quart bags of leftovers after each cook. Two of the elderly people I used to gift meat to have passed away.
While I am swimming against the wind until I’m deaf in my left eye the value of small cookers, I maintain several small cookers make more sense for me than bigger than I already own.

And I need a new putter.

And I like playing with new toys(cookers)

Last edited:
dwfisk has a DC and from everything I've read from him on it has been nothing but positive, might want to send him a PM. Once my wife retires and we get the RV it will be a WGA and DC for our outdoor cooking needs while on the road.

Once the Drum or Kettle is up to temp, vents are set I can walk away, whats the difference besides there's no knob? I've put Butts on the Drum drove to the beach surfed for 3hrs, drove home and the temp was right were it was when I left 4hrs earlier. I actually trust the Drum more than a pellet grill or a charcoal cooker hooked up to a Guru because it doesn't need electricity to operate how I want it too.

I'm sure Adams can and does with the Primo, Egg and PBC, not sure about the SOB because I'm not really familiar with it.
It's all in how it looks to the wife. You can always fiddle with something that uses lump, charcoal, or wood. to look busy. Even with propane, there can be some messing with it to keep up appearances. A pellet pooper looks like an electric oven. You turn the knob, put the meat in, and close the door.:becky:

It's all in how it looks to the wife. You can always fiddle with something that uses lump, charcoal, or wood. to look busy. Even with propane, there can be some messing with it to keep up appearances. A pellet pooper looks like an electric oven. You turn the knob, put the meat in, and close the door.:becky:
I glad my wife doesn't really care what I do as long as I'm not in her hair, or is that a bad thing? :doh: :shock:

FYI you are no longer on Smitty's Christmas card list. :shocked:

Obviously first cook will be 1-2 Fatty maybe with a can of biscuits strategically located. Perhaps if I Season the Fattys with Adkins??

I have a 100lb sausage maker propane smoker. I have tried a couple smaller propane smokers, and have never liked any of them. For that matter, I have never been pleased with any sawdust burner propane or electric. That is why it took me so long to try a pellet smoker, since they in essence burn sawdust. I can't speak for other cookers, but my YS640 puts out a much more pronounced smoke profile, than any sawdust burner I have used. Is it as good as an offset? No, but it can get pretty darn close.

Can anyone compare propane smokers to pellets in term of smoke profile? I find the gassers to be completely void of smoke unless I go full blown atomic bomb with the white cloud.

Looking forward to what you think. I've been considering one lately. I guess we are suckers for the marketing push. My Instagram is full of cooks sponsored by traeger.

I'm interested especially in the ability to hold low temps.

I've never bought a new in box cooker before.

If I have the room for the pooper, I would do the Pitboss Copper vertical pooper. I’m all about the capacity.

Back