El cheapo adjustable charcoal grill

Killa J

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Josh
After my post about looking for an adjustable charcoal grill in the $1500 range, I ended up deciding on a Santa Maria grill instead. It came in a good bit under budget, too. So now I see this thing in an ad:

TPzWP62_d.webp

It’s got 2 adjustable baskets, removable divider between them. I wouldn’t expect anything great, but for $250 shipped... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My first smoker was a Dyna-Glo. It wasn’t great by any means, but it held up for a few years while being fully exposed to the elements. I might just buy it and get rid of my kettle that never gets used.

"I might just buy it and get rid of my kettle that never gets used."

I understand all of those words, just not in the order you wrote them.

Matt

:lol:

I have too many grills, so the kettle is the least used of any. As far as an all-around grill, they’re awesome. But I’ve got a smoker that has a grate over the firebox, a pellet grill, a gas grill, a steak broiler, a fire pit with a grate on it, and soon to be a Santa Maria grill. Now that I’m typing all of this, I have no need for another charcoal grill (or the kettle really).

I’ve got this already:

1500-C22SC0213-Primary.jpg

I’m not going to get anything else for now. If I can somehow come up with a reason I need more capacity to cook than I already have, I’ll look at a 26” kettle.

:lol:

I have too many grills, so the kettle is the least used of any. As far as an all-around grill, they’re awesome. But I’ve got a smoker that has a grate over the firebox, a pellet grill, a gas grill, a steak broiler, a fire pit with a grate on it, and soon to be a Santa Maria grill. Now that I’m typing all of this, I have no need for another charcoal grill (or the kettle really).

"NEED"...

iu

You can get those at walmart for 100 or less all the time. It was okay but they rust out easily and are only good for direct cooking.

Dyna Glo products have quite a reputation for being very cheaply made POS. If you are looking for something that lasts more than one or two years, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. I've looked at many of their products over the years and have come to the conclusion that whoever designs their stuff has never cooked on a real cooker. Just my opinion though.

I decided against getting anything new. But I wasn’t expecting it to be anything that lasted more than a few years.

Back