Dueling whirlybirds

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Havent been doing much Q lately due to moving to a new house, but we have a little more space than the last house and had a good ol family gathering for Thanksgiving.

I thought we were right on the edge of one turkey not being enough so I bought two. Only problem was my Shirley is still buried behind boxes in the garage and I could only fit one bird on my rotisserie....luckily I had bought my dad a rotisserie for his kettle several years back and was able to borrow it. Never ran two at once, which proved interesting.

The turkeys were each right at 15lbs. I injected them with Oakridge Game Changer then let them chill uncovered in the fridge overnight. I seasoned them with Smokey Chile Lime and spun them about 400*. Unfortunately all i had on hand was KBB but it did the job.

My dads kettle had no dome thermometer so I kinda had to guess what it was running at. Even though both birds weighed the same one finished about 45 minutes before the other. Regardless, they both turned out great and had rave reviews, and most importantly there are plenty of leftovers for me to eat over the next several days :becky:

One pecan chunk and some cherry wood chips

Almost there

Not sure why this last pic makes the meat look so dark

Back