Dry aging commercial meat locker $80.00

BLACKSMOKE-LS7

Knows what a fatty is.
Just pulled nearly every part out of my TRUE GDM-10 scrubbed and 10% bleached it and now dialing in the 33-37F. temp. Range.

If anyone's interested please post,and I will continue.:-D

Good luck. Can you take pictures? Maybe one a day or every other day? It would make a interesting video recording.

Does you cooler have a glass door?

After finding local dry aged prime prIme rib for $30.00 a lb. I started looking into getting $10-$15 prime prime rib and doing it myself.
This 10 cf. frig. Will hold two ribs up to 25" long.
Has a large fan above which is always on and holds 33-37F.
Now I need to get a hydrometer.

Questions?

Good luck. Can you take pictures? Maybe one a day or every other day? It would make a interesting video recording.

Does you cooler have a glass door?

GDM-10=Glass Door Merchandizer 10 cubic feet.
True did a SN look up and it was first used in a Rite-Aid 01-21-2001
It needed a door seal which is $51-$68.

These units new are about $1400.00
USED Refebished are $500.00-$700.00
BUT That does not mean you cannot find one for much less as I did.
I found two locally for $500.00 and $650.00 then I found one sold at an auction for $115.00 IIRC so I kept looking and found mine,he was asking $120.00 but took $80.00.
BTW,this was all done yesterday.:thumb:

I'm guessing you're aiming for 33-37F for a holding temp. What RH% are you trying to achieve? Do you just age over time or are you looking for a specific % weight reduction? Sounds like a fun project!

I used to use a laptop which I did post pix but now I just use an IPad and cell wi-fi so if anyone can help me figure out how to use a D40 or cell to iPad I can post.

Send the pics to yourself via email and then retrieve them via email from your ipad.

Edit: Or takes pics with the terrible camera thats in the iPad...

I'm guessing you're aiming for 33-37F for a holding temp. What RH% are you trying to achieve? Do you just age over time or are you looking for a specific % weight reduction? Sounds like a fun project!

I'm shooting for those temps and a RH of 70-80%
This unit has a commercial fan built in on the top and moves air great.
The RH will be tested and adjusted using a one gallon paint bag. And silicon to achieve my desired RH.
I need a high quality SS S type hook to hang from the top rack,any links would be great.

This thing is a real showcase with the double pane glass and lighting,although it also has a switch for the lamp which I may keep off most of the time.

Any suggestions guys?

Back