Dry aged Pork !

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Dry Aged Pork - thats a specialty of Heiko Brath, a Butcher in Karlsruhe, South Germany. Today i cooked a nice Steak of this dry aged Bone In Pork Loin from the "Schwäbisch Hällische" Breed on the Salzplanke.

I preheated the Plank on the Primo and then roasted the Steak on it. About halftime of the cook i started to baste it with a mixture of Olive Oil, Rosemary and garlic that i heated in a small cast iron pan.

The Steak came out perfect with exactly the good old pork flavour that we were used to in the old days. It was incredibly tender and the salty garlic and rosemary crust really complemented the fine meat.

For Dessert, i added two nice new york strip steaks thats were just seasoned with olive oil and don marco´s steak & bbq salt.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Cheers,

DM

Last edited:
That looks like one of my kind of cooks. Meat with a side of meat and for dessert some delicious meat!

Very good job my friend....I'm a bit jealous!

Very cool... did you dry age yourself?

PS. Love the Guy Fieri Knives! I have the same.

Wow Don! Pork Goodness!

Googled slazplanke to make sure what I thought it was (salt plank) and lo and behold, your thread appeared on top.

Beautiful meats, as usual, DM.

Very cool... did you dry age yourself?

PS. Love the Guy Fieri Knives! I have the same.

Nope, havent tried that at home yet. Its a lot harder to dry age pork than beef, so i rather leave that up to the butcher.
Currently he has a pork butt aging for me, cant wait to see how that one turns out.

DM

Back