THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
John
FWIW, I was at Walmart the other day and saw some 16" metal pizza pans for three bux. It looked like a possible solution for keeping a lot of drippings out of the water pan on my WSM so I bought one. I fired up my smoker this afternoon to cook some stuff and put the pizza pan on the lower rack above the water pan and it looks like a pretty good fit.

If you're doing a long cook with a lot of drippings, like butts, wouldn't it ooze over the edge of the pan and possibly run down the side and onto the charcoal?

If you're doing a long cook with a lot of drippings, like butts, wouldn't it ooze over the edge of the pan and possibly run down the side and onto the charcoal?

It might... I just have a chicken and some moink balls on today though. If the pan oozes over with drippings, they 'should' fall into the water pan. I'll have to look at that a little more closely...

Either that or cover the pan with foil and create a wall around the edges... It worked great today for the chicken and moink balls... not a lot of drippings from either of those though...

Back